Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBoniecki
What's DOS?
Views: 272
Message 1 of 2

Wireless control light on G780 still on

Hi,

I have a minor problem with my G780 laptop machine, the wireless control light is always on, even after switching off all the Broadcom wireless card and the Bluetooth module in the Control Panel (Windows 8 64-bit).

I just updated the Broadcom card driver, did not help.

The problem is not critical, everything still works, but it's annoying.

Doeas someone know the solution to this?

Thanks,

Christopher

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 245
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wireless control light on G780 still on

hi KBoniecki

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

When you said "the wireless control light", you probably mean the wireless status indicator light.

- Link to picture

I haven't tried this on the G780 but for the G580 (which is a similar model), you can turn off the lights by doing either one of the following:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the Device Mananager, navigate to Network Adapters then right click on your wireless card (eg. Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter) and hit Disable.

Broadcom Network Adapter.jpg

2, Boot into the BIOS by tapping F2 on boot up then disable the Wireless LAN Support on the Conguration Tab.

- Link to picture

Give it a shot.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors