Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,593
Message 1 of 9

Wireless network adapter problem in Lenovo G510 8.1 x64

Hello,

First of all I want to say that this forum is the only way i can get help from Lenovo, because no chat or email is available on lenovo support website. And one more bad thing is that lenovo support hasn't center in Georgia.

My lenovo g510 worked well on windows 7, wifi and bluetooth were working properly.

Now, bluetooth driver from G510 support page says that it's inappropriate to be installed, and wireless driver installs but doesn't work. I don't know what should i do, because everything is up to date. And i don't want to downgrade from 8.1(which i had bought) to 7.

Please help me to solve the problem.

Sincerely,

luka tatarashvili

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,578
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wireless network adapter problem in Lenovo G510 8.1 x64

hi luka,

Welcome to the Forums.

If you have upgraded from Win7 to Win8.1, can you try the following:

1. Navigate to Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and remove any apps that relates to Wireless and Bluetooth (reboot if necessary).

2. Reinstall these drivers and reboot:

Bluetooth Driver (Broadcom, Atheros) for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)

WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek) for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)

After the reboot, open Device Manager and check if you have an entry on the Bluetooth and Network Adapters area.

- Sample image

- Sample image

If you still get errors, can you please provide the MTM (eg. 59123456) of the unit to identify the type of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter installed or follow this guide on how to identify the hardware ID of the Bluetooth / Wi-Fi card (you can also post those info here).

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,556
Message 3 of 9

Hello neokenchi,

Thanks for responding and sorry for late reply.

As i have written above, the bluetooth driver can't be installed, because in the installation process windows says-"No appropriate driver to be installed". In case of wireless network driver, it's instalation ends successfully every time i try do this, despite the fact it doesn't work.

I tried re-instalation of the drivers but nothing changed. I even reinstalled windows 8.1.

Bluetooth device isn't shown in Device manager, but i installed another driver(not from lenovo support)-Qualcomm atheros bluetooth suite, and it doesn't work too.

Now for the network adapter i have installed Atheros Qualcomm AR956x adapter driver. But yesterday when i was searching for different drivers i remembered that when i had windows 7 it was installed atheros qualcomm AQC 9565 driver and worked that time. As you told, i found device hardware IDSmiley TongueCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_302617AA&REV_01.

I don't know if bluetooth card is installed in my pc, because when i had windows 7, it was shown, but i hadn't used, but i'm quite sure it has internal wifi card and the problem is in driver. If you know where i can download AQC9565 or another way to solve the problem, please help me.

Sincerely,

luka tatarashvili

luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,555
Message 4 of 9

In device ID i tried to write (Smiley Happy and then (P), and that funny thing occurred.

luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,554
Message 5 of 9

Once again sorry, it's also accidentally, i tried to write colon in brackets, i didn't know that it was smile too.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,537
Message 6 of 9

hi luka,

The "No appropriate driver to be installed" means the driver installer didn't find a match on its list of compatible devices (hardware ID) on your machine. From the hardware ID that you listed, that is indeed the Atheros Qualcomm AR956x which is a Wi-Fi only card (No Bluetooth). If you can provide the machine type, I can check the type of bluetooth device on the machine.

Also, you mentioned that the wireless driver was installed successfully. does it say that the device is working properly under Device Manager > Network Adapters? If yes, aren't you able to detect any Wi-Fi access point?

See this similar discussion in this thread

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,528
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for responding,

I made video on youtube, where i show every place to recognize exact problem. Here's link and please watch it-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-OPQvT5xo

On the box of my laptop are written following numbers below-

Model name-20238

MO number-CB04012749

Serial number-CB29291241

Hope this helps, to find out particular problem.

Sincerely,

luka tatarashvili

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,519
Message 8 of 9

hi luka,

Saw the video. Can you try the following:

1. Navigate to Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and uninstall Lenovo Energy Managerment for Windows 8 and reboot.

2. Install Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) and reboot.

3. Press the wireless hotkey (F7 or Fn+F7) and ensure that the Wireless Current Status is ON (and if applicable, set the Bluetooth to ON). and reboot.

original (501×270)

When finished, check if you can now view wireless networks.

Regards

luka7
Serial Port
Views: 3,487
Message 9 of 9

I did what you had told and that solved my problem. Despite the fact that there were some incompatibility issues, I have bluetooth and wireless now. I hadn't idea, that it was caused by energy management.

I want to thank you very much, for your help. I hope Lenovo will solve the problem with energy management of windows 8. Best wishes.

Sincerely,

luka tatarashvili.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors