Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnyD84
What's DOS?
Views: 9,390
Message 1 of 6

Wont receive bluetooth files

I am having trouble sending files from my phone to lenovo. The connect to each other fine and I can send files from laptop to phone but when i try the other way around it says 'sending file' but stays on 0% for a few mins then says failed. could you help please. thank you

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,421
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wont receive bluetooth files

hi JonnyD84,

Welcome to the Forums.

After pairing the Lenovo PC to your phone, can you try one of the following:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type fsquirt and press Enter. Select to Receive files and follow the prompts then try sending a file from the phone to the Lenovo PC.

- Sample image

2. Right click on the bluetooth icon and select Receive File then try follow the prompts then try sending a file from the phone to the Lenovo PC

- Sample image

If the above steps doesn't work, try to temporarily disable any running security software on the machine (eg., Windows Defender, Norton, Mcafee, etc.) and retry the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

JonnyD84
What's DOS?
Views: 9,379
Message 3 of 6

The first one works, thank you.

shylajordan
Paper Tape
Views: 9,316
Message 4 of 6

I'm having the very same problem. your option 1, works fine, option 2 when I right click, the link to receive or indeed send doesn't exist. What I'm interested in finding out is there a way, of receiving files or at least getting a notice/pop up, that a file is being sent to the laptop, without having to do the fsquirt option?

lavseries
Paper Tape
Views: 8,833
Message 5 of 6

OMG!

Thank you so much for your wonderfully simple solution! My Ideapad came with a broken BT driver and after I DL'ed and installed the newest ones, it failed to receive pics from my XPERIA (it successfully sent pics there, though). I tried everything in my layman's skills to fix it, but couldn't for the life of me understand why it just worked one way and not both ways.

I didn't realize there was a way to actually get it working as intended (two ways, in fact) and your solution helped me a great deal. And since I'm not a techie, the simplicity of your solution is very much appreciated, and I hit the kudos button.

Again, thank you, and best regards from your neighbor Indonesia. Mabuhay!

Kuanfs
Paper Tape
Views: 7,698
Message 6 of 6

I have just migrated to my new X1 Carbon Gen 5.  I tried both methods described, even after turning off all the virus scan and firewall but my X1 cabon still would not receive any files from my handphones through Bluetooth, even after they are paired successfully.  I was able to do that previously on my T420s.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors