Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raennexx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,745
Message 1 of 6

amd radeon mobility 6300m series on win 8.1

my lenovo g470 has amd radeon 6300m card. but its not diming whether brigthness is 100% or 0% 

intalled driver is the latest amd 14.7 beta driver... operating system windows 8.1

how can i dimm it its draining my batery fast

please i need help... 

energy mnagement intalled

i have tried win7 EM and win8 EM but no luck

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,716
Message 2 of 6

Re: amd radeon mobility 6300m series on win 8.1

hi raennexx,

If you have the G470 with switchable graphics (Intel + AMD is listed on Device Manager > Display Adapters) then the brightness control is comming from the Intel Graphics. In this case, navigate to the Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and uninstall anything that says Intel Graphics and intell this version directly from the Intel website:

Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit

Version: 15.28.22.64.3517
Date: 04/10/2014
Size: 138.68MB

When finished, reboot the PC and check if you can now adjust the brightness via Fn+Arrow key up/down or via these methods:

Method 1

Method 2

Method 3

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

raennexx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,696
Message 3 of 6

all the option doesnt work on amd radeon 6300m driver.. my graphics card is not swirtchable

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,684
Message 4 of 6

hi raennexx,

Just to check, have you already tried the following steps?

- Install Lenovo Energy Management for Win7 + AMD Video Driver in Win7 compatibility mode 

or

- Install Lenovo Energy Management for Win8 + AMD Graphics Driver (Discrete) in Win8 compatibility mode

After installing the above drivers, reboot the machine and try pressing the brightness down button (Fn+Arrow Down) on boot-up (before you reach the login screen) and observe if the screen brightness goes down

I don't have a G470 for testing but the above procedure worked on a G570 running Win8 (not sure though on Win8.1).

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

raennexx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,665
Message 5 of 6

thanks for the help... i have already done win7 em but amd win7 driver doesnt work on win8 or 8.1. also reinstalling em for win8 no luck i have tried the 8.1 em on g480 still no luck.. if a reveert the graphics to windows compatible driver coming with inbox driver the dim works perfectly but i get no sense having grpahics card that you not have control of it..

raennexx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,663
Message 6 of 6

screenshot.jpg

here are the drivers installed microsoft basic display adapter is the only one works with dimmer... if i chosse the amd driver the dimmer wont work... so its no sense that if the dimmer works yet you cant use the amd driver for games and video rendering and if i use the amd  the screen is set to 100% bright  which draining my batery fast. i revert back always to basic whenever am in bateery mode to adjust the brightness,,, which is really anoying always reverting drivers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors