Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jumpncrash
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 1 of 3

b575 wireless issues as well as no power down

Hello to all forum memebers, hope everybody is well today.

I recently purchased a lenovo b575 laptop for my father, it came with 6GBs of ram and a 750GB HD.

When I got  it home I installed a new version of windows 7 x64 on it to get rid of all the preinstalled software that usually comes with prebuilts.

I formatted and re-partitioned the drive to my liking (100gb for windows, the rest for storage)

During the install the computer froze every time it would have to reboot, I manually powered it down each time and was able to complete the install process that way.

Once into windows i downloaded all the relevant drivers off the lenovo website and installed them one at a time, everything installed correctly and showed up in the device manager with no errors but the system still will not turn off when i press "shut down" in the start menu and the wireless still displays no connections present.

I have followed all the directions in this -> No wireless b575 thread and I am still no closer to having it working properly.  I can get the wireless to work if I go into the boot loader at startup and manually select a boot option, but this is unacceptable.

this laptop seemed like it was a solid buy and the specs were right on par with what I wanted, however this issue is seriously causing me to rethink my choice and return the computer, if anybody could shed some light on the issue that would be great. 

Thanks,

nick

pagroundhog
802.11n
Views: 1,296
Message 2 of 3

Re: b575 wireless issues as well as no power down

Nick,

Your situation bears some similarities to the problems I encountered during and after my fresh install. See my post here with a possible solution:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/B575-hangs-when-powering-down-or-rebooting/...

Good luck,

pagroundhog

pagroundhog
802.11n
Views: 1,245
Message 3 of 3

Re: b575 wireless issues as well as no power down

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors