Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarun4092
What's DOS?
Views: 2,127
Message 1 of 4

bios update lenovo g580 20157

hello, recently i had to clean install windows 10 32 bit on my laptop (g580-20157) and while installation i found that the bios version is 62CN31WW. i realised that i have never updated the bios to next version. there are two updates which i missed,  62CN44WW for windows 7 and 62CN97WW for windows 8. the problem is, the support page on lenovo asks to downgrade to windows 7 to update bios to 62CN44WW and upgrade to windows 8 to get the 62CN97WW. as it was clean install the windows 7 got deleted from my laptop. is there any solution such that i can avoid downgrading and yet update the bios to latest version?

Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 2,102
Message 2 of 4

Re: bios update lenovo g580 20157

If your notebook is working fine now, there may not be a need to push the BIOS upgrade regardless.

I only upgrade if the new BIOS has a fix, or feature that I am looking for. The reason is just plain simple - if the BIOS fails (and they do fail) you end up with a very expensive door stop.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Ashokeroy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 235
Message 3 of 4

i had upgraded my lenovo g580 to win 8.1 and i see the bios is locked with pass... why is that?

SeniorGuru
Views: 220
Message 4 of 4

@Ashokeroy wrote:

i had upgraded my lenovo g580 to win 8.1 and i see the bios is locked with pass... why is that?

BIOS passwords are not set in the upgrade process, they are only applied by the end user of the computer.  IF a BIOS password was applied in the past, then not used or cleared it will only be resolved by replacing the system board at a service center.  There are no "backdoors" or "clear cmos" options to overcome the BIOS lock issue.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors