Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp15sil24
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 1 of 4

can not connect bluetooth devices B50-10 windows 7

Hi,

just bought a notebook B50-10 with windows 7. wlan works fine.bluetooth seems  to be installed correctly, device manager said it is ok. I can not connect any devices over bluetooth. My other PC (dell) works ok with my phone, i know how to pair devices but with my lenovo b50-10 no chance.Bios checked but nothing wrong. is it broken or i missed something ?

thx

jp

Former Employee
Views: 701
Message 2 of 4

Re: can not connect bluetooth devices B50-10 windows 7

Jp15sil24,

You may be impacted by a Windows 7 Windows Update.

Lenovo is aware Bluetooth stops working on Windows 7 systems after installing Microsoft's KB #3161608 via Windows Update. 

More information can be found here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion-Knowledge/Loss-of-Bluetooth-Functionality-On-Syste...

Thank you,

jp15sil24
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 3 of 4

thanks Amy but i do not have this update installed on my pc.i can not uninstalled it.

jp

SeniorGuru
Views: 677
Message 4 of 4

Did you recently install software, or install updates? If you did, you can use system restore points to "step backwards" to a point when the BT module was working correctly.

Also - try uninstalling the BT driver, then uninstall the hardware from the Device Manager screen. Once done, power off the notebook, then power back on (cold boot) and see if it installs a driver, and restores the hardware to working order.

If still no good, it may be a hardware issue, and require warranty work at a local service center to restore functionality to the device.  You can also contact the point of purchase and see if they can exchange the notebook for a known working model.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors