Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aymenghanem
Paper Tape
Views: 2,159
Message 1 of 6

flashing G570 Bios

Hello Lenovo Community!

I own a Lenovo G570 laptop. I went to Video Config in my bios and set Primary Display from SG to PEG. Since then, BIOS can't see my video card and can't boot, can't enter in bios, can't nothing, only black screen.

Things I tried:

1. Reset CMOS with CMOS battery method. It reset only the BIOS password, not entire BIOS settings.

2. I followed this tutorial https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/insyde-bios-recovery/ ; Andy P’s SLIC tool from My Digital Life results that my BIOS recovery file name is "PIWG1.bi?". I downloaded the original BIOS for G540 and G570 from Lenovo site, extract it with 7zip to find BIOS bin file. I renamed PIWG2219.bin to PIWG1.bin and I placed it in root of 4GB stick FAT formated with 64kb.

I took out my DVD and HDD.

If I put only the HDD back (without DVD, USB or alimentation battery inserted), when I start laptop normally, at normal fan speed, it beep once. So laptop can see HDD. I took out HDD.

If I insert in laptop only the the USB stick, it beep once. So laptop can see my USB stick.

I keep in lapto USB stick. I keep out of laptop the alimentation battery and the power cord. With these two disconnected I hold Fn+B. I reconnect only the power cord. I press the power button. The fan goes to maximum speed, so it obviously go in recovery mode or something.

Now in BIOS recovery mode, at maximum fan speed with USB stick inserted, laptop not beeps, LED on USB stick lights up so it reads the USB stick, but THE ONLY PROBLEM is that cannot find the BIOS recovery file. I waited 30+ minutes, but unfortunately nothing happens.

I think maybe the recovery file name is wrong.

Please help me. I don't want to buy a new motherboard because it obviously can be recovered, but I don't know the recovery file name. On internet, it's no such of case for g570 or g540. It's for g550 but the case is totally different because the BIOS isn't InsydeH2O, it's Phoenix and the bios file is in ".wph" format, not ".bin".

Anyway, any small help would be appreciated.

[Moderator note: Personal information removed per forum rules.]

I will also follow this topic daily to se if it's new replies.

Thanks for your attention!

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,119
Message 2 of 6

Re: flashing G570 Bios

Try attaching a second monitor to the VGA / HDMI output and see if it shows video.

Beyond that you can try (at your own risk) blind flashing the BIOS from a file download from Lenovo for your computer.  This is RISKY and is "last choice" option.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
aymenghanem
Paper Tape
Views: 2,112
Message 3 of 6

Please how to blind flash the bios ?
is there any totorail or something
thank you so much for your answer
SeniorGuru
Views: 2,103
Message 4 of 6

"Blind Flashing" is not easy nor something I propose as a "quick fix". It does have a very good chance to further compromise the system (turn it into a doorstop) rather than fix issues. Thus - it is a "last step" option.

Blind Flashing is where you blindly enter the proper keystrokes to flash the BIOS from USB drive, without seeing data shown on the screen. This is usually done using a second computer to show what steps are needed and what keys to press.

Think of it as being blindfolded and having to type a letter to someone.

That is why I state strongly that it should ONLY be used as a LAST RESORT....

Proceed with this step at your own risk, or send it to a service center for motherboard replacement.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
aymenghanem
Paper Tape
Views: 2,087
Message 5 of 6

still no idea how to do that Smiley Sad Smiley Sad 

thank you anyway

Decibel196
Paper Tape
Views: 1,900
Message 6 of 6

Sorry for my english is for google translate.

I made the same mistake as you.

This worked for me.

Recovery Bios InsydeH2O Corrupt Lenovo G570

1- Formatting USB memory less than 2GB (256MB worked) on FAT (not FAT16 or 32). It is important that you have LED activity.

2- Unzip "40cn33ww_64.exe" with 7zip (free) and copy "PIWG2219.bin" to the USB memory.

3- Change the name of "PIWG2219.bin" to "PIWG1.bin".
The name can be found with "AIDA64":
Computer => DMI => System => Product => PIWG1

Or with "phoenixtool250":

Create in the folder "phoenixtool250" a folder with the name "bios" and put and "PIWG2219.bin".
Run PhoenixTool.exe => Original BIOS (navigate to "PIWG2219.bin") => Working (wait) => Dialog Box "Recovery filenames are: PIWG1.bi?"
The correct name is "PIWG1.bin".

4- Disconnect the feeder; remove the battery, the hard disk and the DVD player.

5- Insert the USB memory (in the USB port on the left side but away from the screen it worked).

6- Press and hold "FN + B".

7- Connect the feeder without releasing "FN + B" and press the power button.

8- Release the power button and hold "FN + B" for 4 minutes or more until the LED flickers.

9- Leaving "FN + B", the LED blinks and the computer is "vips" every 1 second for 4 minutes or more.

10- When the process finishes, the computer reboots itself alone and asks us to insert a drive to start.

11- Turn off the power button, disconnect the feeder and then mount the hard drive, the DVD player and the battery.

I hope it works for you, too.

Good luck with that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors