Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahul1971
Paper Tape
Views: 1,898
Message 1 of 3

g400s touch laptop, t y [ ] and some other keys not working

hi,

i have a 3 month old lenovo g400s touch laptop. has worked great till earlier today when certin keys on the keyboard stopped responding..... t y [ ] shift, caps lock and backspace no longer work.  thank god for the touch screen keyboard.  any thoughts on what i can do? i have removed4he battery and restarted, checked sticky keys ad thats ok.  thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,880
Message 2 of 3

Re: g400s touch laptop, t y [ ] and some other keys not working

hi rahul1971,

Welcome to the Forums.

If booting in Safe Mode gives you the same keyboard keys not responding then the problem is likely with the keyboard itself (or the keyboard ribbon). In this case, a replacement is necessary. I would recommend you contact lenovo and report the problem as you may need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vivekkumar781
What's DOS?
Views: 861
Message 3 of 3

Re: g400s touch laptop, t y [ ] and some other keys not working

hi all,
m also facing same issue + my caps, tab keys are also not working  . did you guys find any fix for this?

please mail me *******@gmail.com

Regards

Vivek

Mod's Edit: Email address removed to protect owner from email harvesters.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors