Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gadget_dood
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 1 of 4

g50 70 trackpad eratic behavior glitchy choppy reads 3 finger and 2 finger

every few hours or every other time i use the computer for only 2 minutes or 1 minute it will behave eratically and start reading 2 and 3 fingers on the trackpad and suddenly start and suddenly stop as if it is not a warming issue or heating issue. rather a driver or software issue i have pdated driver played with settings and this still happens every so often i want to return my computer but i got a killer deal with the i5 but the trackpad glitchyness is too important of an item to just "deal with" does lenovo know about this a few other people i have found online have same issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 315
Message 2 of 4

Re: g50 70 trackpad eratic behavior glitchy choppy reads 3 finger and 2 finger

A couple of things to try......

First, try doing a reset of the BIOS by following the procedure I have listed below.  This procedure can help at times resolve hardware conflicts that maybe affect the way the system performs.  Just do this......

1. Unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If the reset didn't resolve the issue then I would next suggest that you uninstall the touchpad driver, reboot the computer and then install a fresh copy of the driver.  A clean install is the best way to try and resolve driver related issues. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

gadget_dood
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 3 of 4

tried it all and reinstalled driver, still having random spurts of erradic behavior only lasting from 15 seconds to 2 minutes and then normal....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 276
Message 4 of 4

Sorry to hear the problem continues.  If reseting the BIOS and doing a clean install of the driver didn't resolve the issue then I suspec t the problem is related to the hardware.  I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for service.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors