08-30-2013 08:16 AM
Hi my g570 has been working fine was streaming news when it suddenly froze, when tried to restart same thing. Performed one key and it worked for awhile and then froze again and I'm not sure why it keeps doing it. Please help I'm at my wits end trying to figure out. P.s. found some malware got that off but can't run full scan in safe mode or normal, it freezes. Any suggestions, it was running fine prior to this.
09-02-2013 05:11 PM
Welcome to the Forums.
It's possible that the cause of the freezing up is hardware (possibly the HDD) since you've already done a factory reset using the Lenovo OneKey Recovery. If you get BSOD's, you might need to test the RAM too.
To verify if there's any hardware errors, you need to run a diagnostic by creating the following:
2. Insert the bootable diagnostic disc that you just created into the defective computer and reboot
3. On Power-up, press F12 and choose CCD/DVD to boot from the discx
4. To test the HD, navigate to HDD > Diagnosis (for the tools, choose the diagnostic software depending on the brand of your HDD - i.e. choose Seagate for DOS if you have a Seagate HDD)
5. To test the RAM, navigate to Memory > Memtest86+
Alternatively, you can follow this guide on how to burn the diagnostic software on a flashdrive,
If the computer doesn't freezes right away, you can run the diagnostics inside Windows (try Seatools for Seagate/Samsung drives and Data Lifeguard for Western Digital HDD's or a universal diagnostic like HD TUNE)
09-02-2013 06:34 PM
Did a clean install and couldn't even finish installing deivers , looks like bad HD..started running memory go thru 2 gigs good but then froze up when I tried to do something else.
09-03-2013 08:18 AM
If you have two sticks of RAM (i.e. 2GBx2, 4GBx2), try to use one stick at a time and run the memory test on each stick to verify if there's an issue. For the HDD, if the HDD diagnostic fails or gives you any signs of bad sectors, you may need to replace the HDD.
If you didn't created a recovery disc using this method, you may need to contact lenovo for service on how to go about obtaining a copy of the disc.
Alternatively, if the G570 came with Windows 7 Home Premium, you may also try to:
1. Download a bootable Windows 7 Home Premium ISO on this website
2. From here you can:
- burn the ISO using imgburn to create a bootable Windows 7 USB DVD
- create a bootable Windows 7 USB flashdrive using this method.
3. Upon installation, it will automatically activate your copy of Windows via the SLP code on the BIOS. If this doesn't work, try the product key at the bottom of the unit and activate Windows by phone.
Hope this helps
09-03-2013 09:39 AM
Thanks for your help, since it was still under warranty I have sent it back to be repaired. I fix PC's for a living and decided that it was either memory or HD I did not want to create any more problems w/reinstalling is over n over to troubleshoot so I decided to let Lenovo deal wit it. Lol