Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Len_g580
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 1 of 5

g580 need pre-installed w7

Hi

Recently had hd fail, had to install temp version of w7 but need right version that came pre installed. Tried all options in support nothing works, scan fails, iso recovery seems to be only for w8 and above.

Thank

Andrew

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 141
Message 2 of 5

Re: g580 need pre-installed w7

If you are looking for recovery media for your yoru G580, in the EMEA region you can order recovery media (for a fee) from https://www.medion.com/lenovoserviceshop/welcome by using the spare parts search.

Cheers,

Len_g580
Fanfold Paper
Views: 88
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for link. My optiism was short lived however when i tried ordering, then filling in a new registration, which kept failing saying i'd not filled in all mandatory fields, the country field was stuck on "germany" and couldn't clear it. Have sent support email, no reply but acknowledgement so will have to wait probably another week for someone to tell me it's working ok on their end.

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 77
Message 4 of 5

I noticed that myself, but I was able to change it to the UK by changing the language to English first, and then the country to UK up where it says. "Service Shop Powered by Medion".    Do that as soon as you open the link, and then once the country and language is correct, just enter your systems Serial Number and choose Start Search.

Hopefully that will keep the language correct though the registration process, but the site does seem to be a bit buggy.

Len_g580
Fanfold Paper
Views: 66
Message 5 of 5

I think i've missed changing the actual country to uk as i only changed language to english. Thanks will give that a shot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors