Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoffdonna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 1 of 6

g585 display

hi, I recently replaced the motherboard in a lenovo g585 and quickly checked, before connecting the screen, that it displayed to an external monitor which it did with no problems, even to the point that i installed an oprating system onto the hard drive. However, when i connected the screen it would not display other than a very , very feint image ( as if the backlight wasn't working but it was a tested , working screen ) I have tried a tested working different cable but still the same. I do not think there is an lcd fuse on the motherboard but if there is i would suspect this to be a likely cause, OR, could it still be a graphics problem even though it displays perfectly on an external monitor ?.

Anyone had this problem and solved it ? many thanks 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 566
Message 2 of 6

Re: g585 display

Hi Geoffdonna,      

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the display in your Lenovo G585 laptop.

Boot the system into BIOS and check for the display, if the display appears in the LCD then it might be issue with the applications, if there is no display in BIOS then it might be issue the hardware suggest you to visit the nearest service centre.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

geoffdonna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 561
Message 3 of 6

hi, I  have tried to boot the system into bios but still no display on the lcd screen. It will boot into bios on external monitor and also to operating system.

One other thing i have noticed is that if the screen cable is connected to the motherboard then it will not display to an external monitor. I have been told that this motherboard displayed onto an lcd screen before it was shipped to me but the seller had to try 3 different working screens before he could get one to be compatible. could this be my problem as i am using a non original but compatible screen ? thanks Geoff

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 553
Message 4 of 6

Hi Geoffdonna,

Please check  for the part numbers as this is compatible.

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, LGD LP140WH4-TLN1 HD G W LED1 NB LCD     18200156

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, SEC LTN140AT26-L01 HD G W LED1 NB LCD     18200229

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, AUO B140XW01 V8 3A HD G W LED1 NB LCD     18200207

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, CMI N140BGE-L22 HD G W LED1 NB LCD             18200155

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, BOE HB140WX1-100 HD G W LED1 NB LCD         18200154

Panel, 14.0" Wedge, IVO M140NWR2 R1 HD G W LED1 NB LCD           18004793

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

geoffdonna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 537
Message 5 of 6

Well as it's a 15.6 inch screen I cannot see that any of the 14 inch screens suggested will be of much use. But thanks anyway. Still have the problem
geoffdonna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 6 of 6

can anyone tell me if there is an lcd fuse on the ideapad g585 motherboard as i cannot get the screen to illuminate, it just shows a very feint hardle noticeable image. But its fine through vga on external monitor

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors