Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayogs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,421
Message 1 of 7

how to install AHCI driver on G560?

hello while trying to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology(IRST) Driver on my Lenovo G560 Windows 7 64bit OS it is not able to install and gives me some error regarding hardware not match or etc. error then i came to know that to install AHCI driver i have to change in BIOS Sata controller mode from 'Compatible' to 'AHCI' i tried so and then restart the system but it gives BLUE SCREEN error while windows startup logo and restart again, Please help me if any solution is their to use Rapid Storage Technology on G560 and actually this driver was installed when i purchased the new laptop but after certain format and fresh windows installation its no more able to install, Please help if someone knows the actually how to install it back.......... thank you Smiley Happy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,403
Message 2 of 7

Re: how to install AHCI driver on G560?

hi sayogs,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you have Windows 7 installed in Compatible (IDE) Mode, try to:

1. Follow the guide below on how to set AHCI in Windows and reboot the PC.

AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 after OS install

2. When the PC reboots, boot into the BIOS (by pressing F2 on the Lenovo startup screen) and set the SATA Controller mode from Compatible to AHCI). When finished, press F10 to save and exit and observe.

-  Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sayogs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,381
Message 3 of 7

I tried your steps, but when system starts up at windows startup black screen for 1sec blue screen error comes and laptop restarts this repeats on every startup after following your steps @ neokenchi
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,372
Message 4 of 7

hi sayogs,

After making changes to the BIOS (Step 2 above), can you try and boot into Safe Mode and observe (Windows should be able to boot from this mode).

When the machine boots into Safe Mode, check if the SATA Controller is implemented then reboot the PC to normal mode to make the changes permanent.

Link to picture

Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sayogs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,369
Message 5 of 7

will it install SATA controller automatic after making changes to bios and booting into safe mode?
sayogs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,362
Message 6 of 7

Not able to boot in Safe mode same Blue Screen error comes while loading drivers files " CLASSPNP.SYS " something it was i cannot remember as screen suddenly shutsoff and restarts the system @ neokenchi
sayogs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,357
Message 7 of 7

Problem solved i installed the driver thanks it was useful a lot Smiley Happy thank you again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors