Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogertdog
Blue Screen Again
Views: 267
Message 1 of 4

i have a question about processors on my G50-80

I have a G50-80 with a dual core i3 proccessor and i was just wondering if i could get a quad core processor into my computer or if that wont work. just kind of a random question but if any one knows please share.

SeniorGuru
Views: 229
Message 2 of 4

Re: i have a question about processors on my G50-80

According to the specifications listed in the user manual and maintenance manual the CPU in your unit is soldered to the motherboard, and as such is not capable of being upgraded or replaced.

If you are looking for better performance, try increasing your system memory (RAM) or moving to a SSD disk.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
yogertdog
Blue Screen Again
Views: 224
Message 3 of 4

Dang it, well thanks anyways atleast I now know.
SeniorGuru
Views: 221
Message 4 of 4

@yogertdog wrote:
Dang it, well thanks anyways atleast I now know.

There are ways to improve performance that can help a bit, but not as much as a CPU update.  If you are finding the notebook is under powered for you specific use, consider "donating" it to family member or selling it to a freind that it would be useful and then purchase a replacement that has the features and speed that better suites your use.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors