Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaydeep05
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 2

lenovo G50-80 bios takes 20+ seconds to boot issue

My laptop had an issue with bios chip failure so I had to change my bios chip. So I gave to lenovo service center and they changed the bios chip and gave me back. Now what happens is whenever I boot up my laptop it takes 20-22+ seconds to show me the lenovo bios logo and boots up the OS. And OS runs slower than before. I tried reinstalling the OS but the same issue occurs.Untitled.jpgtask manager shows last bios time 20+ secs

SeniorGuru
Views: 204
Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo G50-80 bios takes 20+ seconds to boot issue

I would suggest contacting Lenovo Support, explain the situation to them and get this resolved ASAP as it does sound like a the "new" hardware installed has an issue.  Usually replacing a BIOS chip means a system board change out, and sometimes that can be very difficult to get right.  There are quite a few internal connections between system board and daughter boards, devices and such so the chances of system failures upon reassembly are quite large.

Don't settle for multiple RMA efforts, if this is not resolved, speak with a "case manager" on the next go round.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors