cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britthai
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 5

lenovo G70 and windows 10. from new i get repeated blue screen and restarts after collecting data.

I tried removing power and battery and running from mains. I tried starting with shift key down. Still problem continues. Many say they are memory related. Problem can occur at any time eg on starting up, on closing down, while on the internet

14johnny304
SCSI Port
Views: 166
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo G70 and windows 10. from new i get repeated blue screen and restarts after collecting dat

You can test if the problem is memory related by getting your hands on a different stick of ddr3 (204pin for laptops) most laptops have used this type of ram for the last 4+ years, so you can probably scavenge a 2gb stick from an old laptop, if this fixes things, you should purchase a new stick from the compatible replacements listed on page 86+87 of your hardware maintenance manual (https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_70_series_hmm.pdf)
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 158
Message 3 of 5

Re: lenovo G70 and windows 10. from new i get repeated blue screen and restarts after collecting dat

Hi Britthai,

Are you able to get the error code of the BSOD. This would help us a lot in isolating the source of the issue. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Britthai
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 4 of 5

My problem is memory related. the blue screen showed the attached. I am not computer literate and dont know what the references to replacement parts means

Britthai
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 5 of 5

My problem is memory related. the blue screen showed the attached maybe gone out separately.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors