Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johannesfeig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,214
Message 1 of 8

lenovo g-50-45 issues with recovery partition

Hello,

I just bought a lenovo g50-45 with windows 8 included.

Yesterday I installed some drivers for my webcam which did not work well. Afterwards the explorer.exe was not running and could not be executed via taskmanager.

so i had to restart the computer. afterwards the laptop tried to update the windows 8. After sometime it said updates could not be successfully installed and updates were undone.

Afterwards the computer did not boot anymore and just redirected me to the uefi settings.

So I turned it off again and tried the little button beside the power plug to start the lenovo system restore.

The system restore and one key recovery could not be loaded. afterwards  the system just restarted and tried to boot.

through windows 8 recovery i finally got the system back to work now, but i cannot create a recovery usb stick because the recovery partition is not recognised. When I start one key recovery 8.1 within windows 8 i get the error "this program cannot find the service partition"

Actually I like the laptop and would like to keep it. How can I restore the recovery partition or make a bootable usb stick for recovery ?

I could rescue my data through my linux os on an external hd and now the computer is working again but i will not keep if i cannot get the recovery partition back to work or an usb stick to have some backup in case the system crashes again.

Furthermore I just checked the warranty on the lenovo website and it said that the warranty started already 20th of oct. 2014 which is very suspicious.

I am very unhappy about the product at the moment.

I will also call the reseller.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,203
Message 2 of 8

Re: lenovo g-50-45 issues with recovery partition

That is a strange issue indeed. Can you copy the error message and any codes or information it provides for us to see? This may prove helpful in getting to the bottom of the issue.

Also - I would suggest using DropBox or similar cloud storage service until this is resolved.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
johannesfeig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,167
Message 3 of 8

I dont have any error code or anything. Also from the windows system log is nothing suspicious.

When I try to make a bakup with Onkey recovery I just get the message "current system cannot support backup"

When I try to load into system recovery I get the message "The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unabailable"

Is there any possibility to restore the recovery partition ?

Here is an overview of the partition table:

partitions.jpg

Edit:

I forgot to mention that I resized C: to half size and created E: from the unallocated space

I just found this article: https://amigotechnotes.wordpress.com/2013/12/07/recover-lenovo-one-key-rescue-after-resizing-partiti...

EaseUS partition Master changes the type of the partition. I will just try that by now.

johannesfeig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,146
Message 4 of 8

Ok. One key recovery works now. Changing the type of the recovery partitions fixed the problem.

Sorry that I connected the issue to the driver problem in the first place.

This issue is related to resizing the partitions.

EaseUS partition master sets the wrong type for the partition so it is not recognised by the system afterwards.

SeniorGuru
Views: 3,140
Message 5 of 8

I use gParted for all my partitioning needs. It works best and on bootable CD from Linux OS. Good to hear you found an answer, I would also advise to make the recovery media from the partition when you get the chance.

Cheers.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
johannesfeig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,132
Message 6 of 8

Definitely. Thx for your support mate.

High five

sushmit
Paper Tape
Views: 1,601
Message 7 of 8

sir i have the same problem. i have same model no. i have visited the link u mention but i am having little bit difficulty understanding the instructions. can u tell me what should be the default factory partition for lenovo g50-45.

i created more partitions using easeus partittion manager so i m not sure what id to assign which partition.

please help.

johannesfeig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,584
Message 8 of 8

The article is really good. Please read carefully through it.

If you are not sure about the correct flags for the partitions, post here a screen shot of the partition list.

Instructions how to get to the partition list are shown in the article.

Also put in your post, which partitions are the ones you usually use, like C:\ and so on.

You should be able to identify them by the size.

I will then have a look at the list and tell, which flag goes to which partition.

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors