Did you mean: 
Mitchy999
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 1 of 4

lenovo g510 werid noise

Hi,

first sorry for my bad english,

So i bought my first laptop 3 weeks ago (g510) and since first day (after charging it) im hearing a werid noise coming from the upper side of the laptop mainly the fan area 

i can describe it as (rattling \crackling) its werid noise.. its not very loud but its annoying

the laptop is not overheating or lagging or anything bad  ,its working fine

also the fan works fine ,but it work only when needed(gaming) so it doesnt work all the time 

my question is ,since the laptop is not overheating or lagging ,should i be worried  about this sound ?

also i did the fan dust removal but it didnt help .Smiley Sad

thanks..

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 292
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo g510 werid noise

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Since the laptop is new I would suggest you contact Lenovo Support regarding this problem.  A new laptop shouldn't be noisy and sometimes little noises are an indication of other problems. 

You could try using a can of compressed air to clean the fan and cooling vents as there maybe a piece of packaging debris caught inside and thus is making noise.  Blow the air into both vents and use short bursts of air.  A prolong use of compressed air will over rev the fan and may damage its bearings.  If that doesn't solve the problem, again you need to contact Lenovo for warranty service. 

I've provided a link below for the Lenovo Support phone numbers.....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

lgama
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 3 of 4

I bought the same laptopo and I started to use today. I am expericing the same problem and of course I`m concerned about it. What can I do? Again, I just started to use today. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 228
Message 4 of 4

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Igama !

Since your laptop is brand new I would suggest you either return it to the place of purchase or contact Lenovo Support regarding the problem.  A new laptop shouldn't be noisy. 

You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors