Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mammaju
Paper Tape
Views: 18,654
Message 1 of 12

lenovo g550 - Need drivers

Hi im new.....have a old G550 laptop which at some point over the years i have removed some drivers bluetooth peripheal is 1 where can i get a download for this please ....i do have a new computer but love my old 1 thanks

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 18,651
Message 2 of 12

Re: lenovo g550

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Due to the age of the G550, all the available drivers and downloads for that model can now be found in the EOL Legacy Download Library at Lenovo.  Please follow this link....

https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mammaju
Paper Tape
Views: 18,646
Message 3 of 12

omg that was so quick i will try that in a bit thank you

mammaju
Paper Tape
Views: 18,584
Message 4 of 12

downloaded all that was available still nothing any other suggestions please
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 18,577
Message 5 of 12

Did you install the Chipset driver for the operating system you are using?  The chipset driver needs to be the first driver installed so that the operating system will correctly install the remaining hardware drivers.  The best way is to install the chipset driver and then reboot the system to install the other drivers.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mammaju
Paper Tape
Views: 18,542
Message 6 of 12

the chipset drivers listed are not for windows 7 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 18,524
Message 7 of 12

If there are no chipset drivers available then your system is using the native chipset drivers built in to Windows 7.

An alternative is to try using the appropriate Vista chipset driver and install using compatibility mode.  The link below will explain how....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/4478-installing-a-device-driver-under-compatibility-mode-in-windows-...

mammaju
Paper Tape
Views: 18,521
Message 8 of 12

thankyou will take a look

jonblane1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 17,859
Message 9 of 12

Hello

I followed your link  ( thanks )  but I cannot see any  DISPLAY  drivers for the G550  running WIN 10 ?  ( I can see some for WIN 7 etc but not 10 )

Yet before I 'upgraded' to WIN 10 abt 15 months ago I ran the compatibility test and it said my G550 was fine to 'upgrade' to 10.

In fact the laptop did work more or less, albeit with immediate loss of bluetooth and the video function on Skype  ( voice only calls work but the second I click on the camera it crashes the laptop completely ).

But lately two bad things happen which I cannot  work around :

1)  the laptop just won't boot up  ~ I see the word 'LENOVO' which disappears within a second, then blank screen;  but if I keep switching the thing off, wait a while and then on again eventually I do get a picture on the laptop and can continue...............

However

2)  it won't  send the laptop screen image to my permanently VGA connected larger screen  ~which I need for viewing any length of time.

But then again, ......... if I keep trying to switch off..............wwait a while.......... then switch on again........... eventually the second, larger, screen lights up.

I have tried reinstalling WIN 10,  have done loads and  loads of stuff people recommend on this site and other sites ~  I just get nowhere. 

I see there is a thread on the display issue with WIN 10 ( not specific to lenovo ) running for the LAST TWO YEARS  and continuing with no solution to the extended display issue.......

Is there any solution ?

Is there an option to revert to WIN 7 ?  

Or what ?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 17,806
Message 10 of 12

jonblane1, unfortunately I don't have a solution for you.  As it was explained in one of your other threads, your problem is most likely a driver issue for which there are no newer drivers available.  I'm guessing that your recent problems appeared after you had installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.  Although Windows 10 may have run great for a lot of people when it was first installed, the subsequent creators' updates seem to break things on older system with each release.  Previous working drivers now fail. Personally I avoided the Windows 10 upgrade on my Lenovo laptop which is slightly older than yours for just this reason. 

Given the time that has past, you can no longer revert Windows 10 back to your previous operating system.  As I recall, you only had 30 days in which to try Windows 10 out and revert back.  You will now have to do a clean install of your previous operating system.  Hopefully your system has a COA sticker with the registration key or you had recorded it.

Top Kudoed Authors