Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quasar01
Paper Tape
Views: 6,377
Message 1 of 8

lenovo g580 loud fan noise

A few days ago my laptop's fan started making loud noises when running at regular speed even though the cpu and gpu isn't heating up, I checked the temperature with CoreTemp and SpeedFan between 35 C to 45 C and the noise becames even louder if I start a game, so I disambled it and cleaned from the dust and I found that it wasn't really that dirty, I put it back together and the same noise is still there, I tried updating Lenovo Power Mangement Driver and installing Control Speed Fan Driver from lenovo website but it didn't change anything.

I tried to update bios with this softwere https://support.lenovo.com/ar/en/downloads/ds038599

but I got ERROR 233 - Only secured capsule is allowed on SecureFlash system!

What should I do now? 

I am using Windows 7 64bits for the OS and I have the nvidia 610m graphic card with the integrated intel 4000 and i5 processor and 4 GB ram.

Edit: 

Modele number is 268959357228

SeniorGuru
Views: 6,336
Message 2 of 8

Re: lenovo g580 loud fan noise

It sounds like the fan is on the way out. This may be a replaceable fan, but the only way to tell is get the model off of it and google the numbers.

I am willing to bet that a replacement fan is out there, and should be affordable.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
FitneZ
Paper Tape
Views: 6,321
Message 3 of 8

Since a couple of days ,i have the same Situation/Problem  with my Fan .I changed nothing with my Rig.

I use Windows 10 Prof.

Did not have or had any Problems so far. Yes i also have and had no Problems using Windows 10 so far!

I´ve looked last week for an BIOS update,but when i found out that there is none for WINDOWS 10 but i did not had Problems with my Fan.

It started like i mentioned a few days ago.

Today i wanted to search a soliution for that and found your post.

FitneZ
Paper Tape
Views: 6,319
Message 4 of 8

strange!

even installation of :http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS001691

fails.not possible.

FitneZ
Paper Tape
Views: 6,317
Message 5 of 8

found this: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G580-and-Smart-Fan-Control/td-p/835653

but DID NOT HELPED ME in ANY WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Lenovo Support Su..s bigtime.

no more len....

FitneZ
Paper Tape
Views: 6,313
Message 6 of 8

the same fan problem like quasar01 since a few days.nothing helped me so far.strange that the problem began for me also a few days ago like thread opener.
SeniorGuru
Views: 6,309
Message 7 of 8

@FitneZ wrote:
the same fan problem like quasar01 since a few days.nothing helped me so far.strange that the problem began for me also a few days ago like thread opener.

The fan on the heatsink is not going to last forever, and will eventually fail.  This is a common and well know issue with ALL computer fans, no matter where they are installed.

The only solution to fix a worn out or damaged fan is to physically replace it with a known good fan.  This is not unexpected, nor can it be resolved with a BIOS update or a software patch, as it is a physical issue with a moving part that requires it to be replaced.

To replace the fan, you can determine if your computer is under warranty by contacting Lenovo Support via the phone, and if under warranty have a service center replace the failed part.  If your warranty has expired, then it will be at cost, or you can look into replacing it on your own.

The cheaper option would be to replace the fan on your own, but it would require a bit of technical expertise and also some reading into the process required as outlined in your notebook's Maintenance Manual.  That manual is available to download under the Support options on this site.

Please  also understand that this forum is a Peer to Peer forum, comprised of other Lenovo users who will willingly help as they can based on their own experience, technical ability and knowledge.  It is not meant to be an official support channel as to get true Lenovo support you will need to phone them or direct message (email) them using the contact information provided on the support pages of this site.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
FitneZ
Paper Tape
Views: 6,298
Message 8 of 8

thank you very much for your answer and time of effort.wish you a nice sunday.greetings from frankfurt/germany.

i just wondered becuase thread opener has this problem like me almost the same time.must be a coincedence.

sorry for my english.i am not a native english speaker....................

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors