Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovouser81
Paper Tape
Views: 4,525
Message 1 of 7

my lenovo G550 laptop's bluetooth can't discover devices

Hi

I having a problem with the bluetooth on my Lenovo G550 serial number **** laptop. It came with  in-built Bluetooth software and drivers. It was working perfectly fine for several months.

But, then recently a problem cropped up. Now, when I click the Bluetooth icon, click the adaptor on and then click 'Show Bluetooth devices', nothing really happens.The adaptor turns on and then after clicking 'Show Bluetooth devices, the search for locating bluetooth devices continues but no device is located. ( & this is when the bluetooth on my samsung mobile has been turned on).

Earlier, it could easily located my cellphone. Similarly , if I try to browse files on my laptop by using the bluetooth on my mobilephone even then it doesn't work. I just get a message on the cellphone ie.  'connection lost'.

I have carried several scans on my PC in past few days and the files always come out as clean so that's not a problem.

I can't understand why I can't browse files when the bluetooth on both the laptop and mobile are switched on and both the devices are on discoverable mode.

Also, my hot key combination Fn + F5 does not show wireless settings menu now. However, it had been working fine for several months so this is a recent problem.

Please help. Thanks.

serial numbers removed for your own safety. 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,514
Message 2 of 7

Re: my lenovo G550 laptop's bluetooth can't discover devices

re-installing power management will fix your function key combinations. then you can activate it by pressing fn + f5 > on/off

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
lenovouser81
Paper Tape
Views: 4,510
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Could you please let me know how do I reinstall power management on windows 7.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,505
Message 4 of 7

download the drivers from the below and run the executable file.
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=600154

lenovouser81
Paper Tape
Views: 4,489
Message 5 of 7

Thanks. When I downloaded the bluetooth driver for windows 7, I got the message that the latest version of bluetooth is already installed on the machine so the setup can't continue.

So, the driver is already there as I said. ( my laptop came with an in-built driver 7 software).

So, what could be the problem?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,487
Message 6 of 7

make sure you select "allow devices to find my device" under bluetooth settings for your phone / device.

jonblane1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 309
Message 7 of 7

I am having similar problem now in 2017.

The G550  2958 model   did come with  bluetooth  and it worked.......

Since installing WIN 10 problems galore, including bluetooth not working.

Have just paid a small fortune to have WIN 7  reinstalled and in general things are working better..........HOWEVER , v annoyingly, Bluetooth still not working.

On pressing the WIN start key  Bluetooth is there but when I try to make use of it it can neither send nor receive files.   I am trying to use a phone which was already linked to it in the past, but the G550 no longer seems to detect any device. Similarly my phone also claims that there are no linked devices around.

Pressing F5  back and forth has no effect.

Top Kudoed Authors