Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 5

need help locating updated driver for Lenovo G560

2013-09-10, 16:31 PM

I need to update Internet Explorer but i get error message about updating a driver and needing SP1 or higher. I checked for updates and realized that i haven't had SP1 or higher updates and Microsoft.NET w/SP1 since the beginning of this year. Attempted to update driver from download but got confused as to what version (if any). I downloaded Lenovo System Update to get the updates. However, as it was checking it stated I do not have 'any packages available'. Please Help!!

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: need help locating updated driver for Lenovo G560

2013-09-10, 20:13 PM

hi niyababy,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Please check this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1

This will show you on how to check and download and install it manually to your system.

Capture.JPG

Download and run,

Let me know your findings,

Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-09-10, 20:55 PM

Hi, and thank u for response. However, I tried that and thats why I posted my question. I can't download SP1 due to the driver currently on my device  which is igdumd64.dll, igd10um64.dll needs to be updated first. I think I need the updated driver for my Network adapters. I currently have Broadcom 802.11n Ntwrk adptr, Microsoft Virtual Miniport adpt, & Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 4 of 5

2013-09-10, 21:19 PM

Please check this Support site link for updated download link for your system

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page

Select you product and make sure to download the driver you need specific to your Windows Operating System.

Should look like this

This should let you get to the updated drivers,

Best Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2013-09-10, 22:22 PM
Once again thanks for response, your help, and patience. I did perform your step by step but so many options pop up (due to me not knowing my model number. So, i've copy & paste drivers on my device currently. Graphics Driver Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.2104 A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF) Product Detected Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets Current Version Installed 9.1.1.1020 This version is valid. Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board Product Detected Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD Current Driver Installed 4.130.0.60 This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>> Wireless Networking (WiFi) Product Detected Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Current Driver Installed 5.100.9.14 This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>> Wired Networking Product Detected Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Current Driver Installed 7.46.610.2011 This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms