Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chach613
Paper Tape
Views: 1,074
Message 1 of 2

new G50-70 no longer has 6hr battery at 100% charge and batt. life queries

Hi,=

I got my G50-70 laptop less than a month ago, and I liked the fact that it had long batttery life which could surivve 4 hr powercuts. I was happy I could use 6+- hours in Word

As I had previous experience with other notebooks (not lenova) which didn't retain their battery life, due to being plugged in the whole time, I decided to be extra careful about how I use this notebook in order to keep its long battery life.

Therefore I hardly used it when plugged, instead using it like a tablet - charging and then using wihtout plugged in.

last week, I used it for about 5 hours on word, without charging (albeit with a low brightness screen) and it survived with battery to spare.

However, over the weekend, i by mistake left it in to charge for 24 hours and when I use it since than.. it only gives me 4 hours. Could new apps installed be the cause for it?

I am wondering how to solve it?

Also, what is the Lenova verdict regarding the extend life of battery verdict? i read the atricle and the only new thing I gained was conservation modde. Other than that- does using the laptop when plugged in ruin battery (if conservation mode is on?). 

Is it better to use the laptop unplugged  when watching videos and skyping Or should I rather have it plugged in on conservation mode?

Another thing.. my ntoebook does not always give me how many hours I have left -  it will just say 60%. How do I get the exact number?

Regards

CK

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,034
Message 2 of 2

Re: new G50-70 no longer has 6hr battery at 100% charge and batt. life queries

hi chach613,

Welcome to the Forums.

Regarding your questions:

1. It's possible that the apps that you've installed are running in the background and are eating up system resources. To check, try the following:

a. Open Command Prompt as admin (press Winkey+X, choose Command Prompt (Admin))

b. On the command prompt box, type powercfg -energy -output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Energy_Report.html and post the energy-report.here or upload it online (e.g., Google drive)

More info:

Battery Usage Report - Generate in Windows 8

How to Run a Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 7 and Windows 8

2. If you'll be using MS Word only, then you should set the power plan to Power Saver and use the unit using low brightness (battery power). If you'll be plugged in most of the time while playing movies, Skype, or running graphics intensive then you should enable Conservation Mode. Once activated, the battery charge will be limitted to 60% and the power source will be routed to the AC adapter (preventing the battery from over charging).

3. Can you try to download and install BatteryInfoView to get a rought information on the battery.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors