Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
di
Punch Card
Views: 926
Message 11 of 16

Re: "Fn+F5" does not switch the wi-fi in G410m-mm

@skripatch wrote:

Suggest it is  a typo, September 25 is future =)

According to ZoZPP you can return a technically complicated device only in two weeks after a purchase. Google for it, it will help you to hurry on with decision.

Pity, that we've come to such a result.

Thanks skripatch for replying!
Will not they refuse me a repair or a return under the pretext that I united the two visible and the one hidden partitions (to be able to save at least one Blue-ray movie)?

Regards,

Dmitry

Retired Guru
Views: 924
Message 12 of 16

I suggest they will try to refuse and will use any arguments they can reach. Deleting of a service partition is a serious case here because it makes notebook unable to utilise important part of functions set - a recover through NOVO. This is featured as useable and usefull one and it's loss can be equalled apart break. It's like you've bought a TV, broke it's remote and wanted to return it...

My condolences, but prognose is not good - great chance, that you'll have no chance to return it.

//help will save the world
di
Punch Card
Views: 921
Message 13 of 16

@skripatch wrote:

I suggest they will try to refuse and will use any arguments they can reach. Deleting of a service partition is a serious case here because it makes notebook unable to utilise important part of functions set - a recover through NOVO. This is featured as useable and usefull one and it's loss can be equalled apart break. It's like you've bought a TV, broke it's remote and wanted to return it...

My condolences, but prognose is not good - great chance, that you'll have no chance to return it.

Thanks skripatch for your opinion!

Why then does Lenovo unclude a Windows Vista DVD-ROM in the package? This implies that a user may install Windows Vista by himself, without a usage of the NOVO. This implies that he may not need the NOVO. Also, Lenovo writes on G410m-mm package and in papers that a HDD is 80 gb! A customer may use the 80gb only by removing the hidden partition!

Regards,

Dmitry

Retired Guru
Views: 915
Message 14 of 16

Why then does Lenovo unclude a Windows Vista DVD-ROM in the package?

it's due to fact that customer bought an OS. It is just included.So  that user may install Windows Vista by himself, without a usage of the NOVO.Exactly, right you are.

This implies that he may not need the NOVO.

"May" is a key word. And what if he does need it? It's like selling a car with listed conditioner and not having it on practice, explaining it by "may be customer won't use it".

Customer may use the 80gb only by removing the hidden partition!

Nope. Customer is using his fully 80 Gb drive. He uses C for system, D for data and service partition for recovery. Customer can change the way of using - but he/she is still using it.

Summary, all these arguments anyway are a waste here... You have to talk with MM and try to return this laptop if you don't like it =(

di
Punch Card
Views: 912
Message 15 of 16

Why should they refuse to repair if all the malfunctions in the G410m-mm are not connected with the lack of the NOVO anyhow?

Regards,

Dmitry

Retired Guru
Views: 904
Message 16 of 16

Why? I was talking about refund only, not repair.

If you want to recieve service you'd check this page - MM anyway will redirect you there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors