Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aryaamehr
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 9

recover bios lenovo G500 black screen

hi

after disabling intel graphic from the advanced option in bios of G500 the screen is black

i tried other monitors but it doesnt show anything

i remoevd battery of bios , RAM, Hard but still nothing

even after removing RAM the CPU workd but the screen is black!

i tried many methods to recover the bios but they dont work on this laptop

the latest bios file which i downloaded from Lenovo.com is an EXE file there is no bin or wph file in it

please help me with this problem

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Message 2 of 9

Re: recover bios lenovo G500 black screen

Hi aryaamehr,

During boot-up, if pressing Fn+F2 does allow you to access the BIOS, can you try to:

1. Remove the AC adapter and battery then press the power button for 20secs.

2. Reconnect the AC adapter without putting the battery back in and press the One Key recovery button If a menu appears, choose BIOS Setup

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
aryaamehr
Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 9

thanks Abdul_Ahad

but there is nothing just a black screen!

some friends said the problem is with bios and it should be flashed

i've the bios latest file but its an EXE file and needs windows! so i cant use it

there are some methods to recover the bios but the ptoblem is all of them needs some *.bin , *.wph or a *.rom file

in the  bios file which I downloaded from Lenovo.com i coud find a *.Rom file but I couldn't use it!

aryaamehr
Blue Screen Again
Message 4 of 9

i stuck on that
please help
share ideas
Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 9

Im stuck too in same problem, i found here another one more who is stuck in this. I took twice my laptop to service, they said they dont know what to do with this and they cant help, i try another service soon. Ill contact, if i get any help ir find solution.
jcagara08
Punch Card
Message 6 of 9

I encountered this problem and was able to solve it, hold down FN and F8 keys during boot up (lenovo logo) and proceed to advance recovery option, boot to safe mode, uninstall kb2903939 update. reboot to safe mode again, download DDU uninstaller, follow instructions, remove AMD drivers first, reboot, remove intel HD driver reboot. Finally donwload latest intel hd video driver install it, reboot. Download latest AMD, do the same and enjoy life! The main problem is mix up of intel and amd graphic drivers that are incompatible.
Scruffs
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 9

i dont think my laptop screen starts showing something when i press fn +f8, i cant see anything Smiley Very Happy my problem is just so DEEP

Edit: yes, as i said, i can not see anything, si if i do turn on, there is no matter what i press, dont even have sound to navigate. got to laptop to trash can.

cliveoween
Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 9

I have a laptop Lenovo G580 (Model Name: 20150)
 I've updated the BIOS when the system restarts up there. CPU and fan works and power light is on but the screen is black.
 What should I do?
how to recovery bios?
 Please help me
 Thank you

defiler1
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

I've had exactly the same problem. After disabling the integrated graphics... my g500 wouldnt flash and nothing could be seen on the display.

the sollution was very simple and stupid even. The laptop did exactly what i told him to, he disabled the integrated graphics but the dedicated graphics did not come to back it up because that only happens in 3d applications. so i had a blind mode laptop 

The g500 didnt show anything but was working flawlessly. I noticed this when i plugged in the HDD and i heard it was working a little bit too much for a dead laptop. In fact he was booting into windows... when i plugged in a USB stick i heard the windows sound and i was like **bleep** ?!!

Ok.. that was stupid... so no flashing the bios is the sollution. 

Simply power it on normally using the 1 key recovery( the small button near the power button)

This will invoke the boot options menu

1. press down arrow key and enter (this will select enter bios menu)

2. now press f9 or f8 and enter(this will invoke the shortcut to LOAD BIOS DEFAULTS. you can try F8 + ENTER or F8 + Y + Enter just to be sure you  reset to default)

3. after doing so you must save the bios. Press left arrow key to navigate to the exit menu of bios and press enter to save and exit)

Your g500 should turn off and restart and it should be alive.

this may sound wierd, you should look on google for a pheonix bios screenshot to understand better.

Basicly you must enter bios and load the default setting as if you were blindfolded.

Good Luck , hope it helps you as it did me !!!!

Top Kudoed Authors