cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffgar
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 1 of 4

trying to update bios for a g500s but if fails each time "this bios os not for your notebook"

trying to update from 2.02 to 2.03 but it fails each time.with a popup that says "this bios is not for your notebook"

current vios ID is   VILG1

new bios ID is VILGP

I'm certain its the correct file

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 358
Message 2 of 4

Re: trying to update bios for a g500s but if fails each time "this bios os not for your noteboo

Is your G500s a touch model?  I only see 2.03 offered for the non-touch.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

jeffgar
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 3 of 4

Re: trying to update bios for a g500s but if fails each time "this bios os not for your noteboo

It is a non-touch.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 208
Message 4 of 4

jeffgar,

The correct BIOS update was just published. It can be downloaded from here - BIOS Update for Windows 8.1

Regards,

Pavlo Antalovtsi
Community Manager

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors