Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babyPen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

upgrade wifi adapter on G510

Any suggestion on what should be the considered wifi adapter for G510 when thinking of upgrading it to support 5G wifi.

My current wifi driver is: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and supports

Radio types : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n

I have updated my wifi network and now I have router that 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bandwidths.

I want to make use of 5Ghz wifi on my laptop and plan to upgrade the wifi adapter hardware. 

So what would be a good adapter to upgrade to.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

SeniorGuru
Views: 55
Message 2 of 2

Re: upgrade wifi adapter on G510

The notebook has an accepted list of parts that can be upgraded. This listing is found in the maintenance manual for your notebook. If you click on the support tab of this page, enter your notebook SN# (do not post the SN# on this forum) and look for the document tab. Under this heading you will see downloads for different documents.

Once your manual is downloaded, look for the "parts list" and scroll thru it to find what WiFi cards are listed. Choose the right part from this list and it will work in the system. Just make sure the part you purchase is "lenovo" branded.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors