Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leafdesigner
Paper Tape
Views: 7,306
Message 1 of 8

wireless connection issues Windows 8.1 on G780

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 yesterday. After that, I have not been able to access my home wireless network. The funny thing is, if I go to a Starbuck's or something like that, I have no trouble accessing their networks. The problem isn't with my router because my other wireless home devices, including Windows 7 machines are fine. After running the trouble-shooting prompt on my G780, it tells me I need to install an ethernet cable! I never had network connectivity problems with Windows 8.0 on this machine. I suppose it's possible I need a new driver, but that wouldn't explain why it works on public networks.

ajtyne
What's DOS?
Views: 7,202
Message 2 of 8

Re: wireless connection issues Windows 8.1 on G780

I am having this problem, too. I haven't checked on public wifi, but I have no wireless at home since updating to Win 8.1.  My other laptop has wireless access at home, but my g780 has to be connected via ethernet cable. Your question here is all I've been able to find on the subject.

Renatus3
Paper Tape
Views: 7,153
Message 3 of 8

My Lenovo G780 worked perfect with windows 8. I updated to Windows 8.1. During the update, he asked for the network, he did see the router but when selected he said "beperkt", dutch for limited. I connected the computer with ethernet cable to the router and windows 8.1 installed perfect.

The problem is that I can not go on the internet because the computer says the network is limited.

I tried resetting the router, but nothing worked;

After restoring the computer to Windows 8, again I had perfect internet connection.

I tried again to install windows 8.1 but it was the same, lmited acces so no internet.

I also have a Lenovo Thinpad Twist. I upgraded this computer to Windows 8.1 without any problem. He didn't ask for network connection, he connected automaticly to the router and have perfect connection with the internet.

I read on the internet that with windows 8.1 updated drivers for the broadcomm network card is included.

Is it possible that those drivers cause the problem. Are ther others who have the same problem.

Excuse me that my English is not perfect.

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

leafdesigner
Paper Tape
Views: 7,124
Message 4 of 8

Yes, I did a driver search and found out that I have the most up-to-date one. So not sure what to do next. Googling this problem yielded a few things to try, but none of them worked. Is 8.1 just a lemon? Wouldn't be surprised...
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,057
Message 5 of 8

hi all,

Can you try one of the following:

Method 1:

1. Open Device Manager (press Winkey+R > type devmgmt.msc)

2. On the Device Manager, navigate to the  Advanced Tab and set the following:

802.11n mode  = disabled (if applicable)

802.11x / wireless mode= 802.11 b/g

3. On your router, disable Wireless N mode or set it to Mixed Mode (802.11 b/g/n)

Method 2

1. Create a system restore point

2. Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver under the device manager and put a check on delete the driver software for this device

3. Right click on Network Adapters and choose Scan for hardware changes (this will revert to Windows 8.1's inbox driver).

Method 3:

If the inbox driver installs but doesn't work, try the following:

- For Intel 2230, check this driver)

- For Atheros card:

Atheros WLan Driver
Version: 10.0.0.260

- For Broadcom BCM4313:

BCM 4313 Driver
h1100369_64.exe
16.7 MB

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Renatus3
Paper Tape
Views: 7,048
Message 6 of 8

I was succesful in resolving the problem of the limited internet. I upgraded again to Windows 8.1 and again he gave limited network possibllity, I chose to skip this page and windows 8.1 installed. But no internet connection.

The solution is very easy.

1) Open networkcenter

2) click on your connection, you get Wifi status

3) you click down left on property

4) then you click configure, you get the properties of the network apapter

5) choose the tab (stuurprogramma) driver

6) choose modify driver

7) The computer asks how you want to search for the driver; Choose (op mijn computer naar stuurprogramma's zoeken)=  search on my computer for drivers;

8) you get a new window, choose (ik wil kiezen uit een lijst met apparaatstuurprogramma's op mijn computer)= I want to choose out of a list of drivers on my computer;

9) next window gave two compatible hardware. one from broadcom one from Microsoft. (the one from Microsoft was installed through the update from windows 8.1 under windows 8 it was broadcom.)

So I choose Broadcom cliked next and "wonder O wonder" immediately internetconnection.

Since then perfect internet.

<<<<<the problem is the driver from Microsoft

I hope this will also for you be the solution

leafdesigner
Paper Tape
Views: 7,035
Message 7 of 8

I was able to resolve the issue by resetting my wireless router (a Cisco E4200). Not sure why that was the issue. Thank you to the others that posted solutions here. If I have any more trouble, I will keep these other solutions in mind.

pyrostijn
What's DOS?
Views: 3,249
Message 8 of 8

hallo,

ik heb hetzelfde probleem, wil je dit eens in het nederlands zetten aub? 

greetz

Stijn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors