US

17 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 2

300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi

2016-11-10, 3:50 AM

Desktop 300S-11IBR, Running Windows 10.

Bought yesterday morning. It took 24 hours to install all the windows 10 updates because even connected to a LAN, this thing is slow as molasses. I've finally got all the updates done so I know it's not something downloading in the background and it's still slow - 20 seconds to load a blank Google page.

I tried updating drivers - the one for the LAN did nothing. The bluetooth one went through the motions and then spit out an error (something something this driver is set for deletion.) I can't turn off wi-fi or bluetooth via the device settings because the option (that sliding bar) isn't there.

I was able to use a real computer (HP) via wi-fi to search for solutions. It's amazing I can have 5 tabs open on the HP and whatever I click pops up or downloads in a second, but I turn that off and go over to the Lenovo and I'm waiting 20 seconds for Google.

Is there a solution hidden somewhere on this website?

Options

3 Posts

11-10-2016

US

17 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi

2016-11-10, 14:18 PM

While waiting for a reply I pulled out an old Dell laptop running XP. It's faster than the LeNOGO.

Googling the problem on another computer and I see that it's a  common problem for this brand. So I'll box it up and return to Best Buy, then find something better or build one at Tiger Direct. Thanks for nothing Lenovo. Now I have to listen to the wife say I told you so for the next year. We were standing there in the store 2 days ago and she said "stop being a cheapskate, spend the extra $30 and get something good." But I said "no, I kinda recognize the name, they've been around a while they can't suck that bad. Besides, it's just to surf the internet. How bad can it be?"

So, mark it as solved. Solution? Dude, buy a Dell!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms