08-29-2020

US

17 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 1

Driver Problems on Old 3000 J Series

2020-10-17, 15:02 PM

I hope someone can help me with a problem: I've tried another area of the forums but received no responses. I've tried phoning Lenovo's tech support who, for reasons unknown, keep telling me that the serial number of my computer doesn't exist even though it's clearly written on the computer in two different places on the computer so it seems I'm stuck.

I use an old Lenovo 3000 J Series  with XP Professional to run some older but excellent software and equipment which don't run well, if at all, in newer operating systems. Given certain problems, I had to reinstall the XP Pro operating system. Now, all the software is running fine but I'm missing certain drivers (I used a MS Windows XP Pro installation disc). I have no audio and no internet access - everything else works great. The drivers for the 3000 J Series are listed for download in Lenovo's website but it is asking for the "subseries" and that isn't located anywhere on the computer and phone tech support has been no help whatsoever. Please, if you can help me with this, I’d be most grateful. Here is the information on the Lenovo 3000 J Series’ case as well as the drivers missing from the device manager (install wizard says they're not there and offers to get them online - but I can't connect):

Information on computer case:

Side:                 (1S)  Product  ID / S/N  739327ULX088YZ 0611

Bottom Back:  P/N  41V9706

On the bottom of the machine: 

S/N   LX088YZ

model # 27U

mfg. date  611

Product I.D.   739327U

Missing from device manager:

1. Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus.
  2. Ethernet Controller
  3. PCI Simple Communications Controller
  4. SM Bus Controller
  5. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)       THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE HELP!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete