Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Beacon, Stick 300, D, J and S Series Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 21 of 40

Re: Tell us your experience with Lenovo Tech Support.

2008-06-06, 22:12 PM
All,

Following any depot, onsite, or phone service or support engagement, you should be presented with a survey opportunity by email.  I would encourage you to please take the survey.   Your feedback through this survey helps drive ongoing improvement to our service delivery.  Service will follow up to ensure resolution in cases where the survey indicated the issue had not been resolved, or the customer was not satisfied not delighted.

We've talked about this survey before HERE.  I think it's worth mentioning that Chris Askew, our SVP of service has stricken the word "satisfaction" from our vocabulary and replaced it with "delight" - just his way of telling us that 'good enough', isn't.

Lenovo also participates in competitive, syndicated customer satisfaction surveys like the quarterly one run by TBR for notebooks and desktops.   Lenovo just moved into first place this past quarter for Notebooks.  (yes I know, we were talking about desktops in this thread - we aren't #1 in desktops yet)

Here is the news release  on this quarter's results.  The #1 rank aside, I agree there are still a lot of improvement opportunities for us.

While the straw poll on this thread indicates perhaps 1 in 4 members were pleased with service or support received, reality for the masses is actually better than the opposite of that ratio.   Why?  I think we should keep in mind that most members of this forum have joined to find help for an issue - the fact that they are here indicates that they didn't receive a solution through normal channels.   Over time, I expect our population here to become more diverse as the forum matures.

Mark

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 06-07-2008 01:36 AM

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 06-09-2008 04:09 AM
Options

3 Posts

06-10-2008

Illinois

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 22 of 40

2008-06-10, 4:54 AM
Pretty terrible - my case WN025008 to replace a bad CD drive on a 3000 K100 desktop, well within warranty, went unsatisfied.  The tech support guy confirmed my drive was bad, but refused to replace my cd drive unless I would restore my machine back to factory settings - said it was Lenovo policy.  That is obscene.  In order to replace an inexpensive drive, you expect me to spend hours + potential frustration reinstalling all of my 3rd party software and hardware since I purchased the machine (maybe I would do it if I could bill back my time to Lenovo-yeah right).  My past experiences with HP couldn't be more dissimilar.  I refused and he told me he could not help me.  I guess I have to buy a replacement drive and most likely never purchase a Lenovo product again.  I expect problems to occur, but I need decent service.  I haven't experienced such stubborn retardation in my dealings with computer and electronics manufacturers.  Good luck with whatever you are trying to do to fix your service.
Options

7 Posts

12-02-2008

USA

5 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 23 of 40

2008-12-02, 2:26 AM
Thank God my personal computer is a Dell. My 3000j115 was bought for the family livingroom central computer so I haven't put it through its paces. The times I have called were no help and I had to either solve it on my own or live with the problem.Ten months after buying it I need help and it is expired. My Dell support may most often have Indian accents but speak clearly and concisely and stay with you until your problem is solved. This desktop has been a real dog. IBM should stick with the supercomputer business (I made the drawings to build a heat exchanger for one of their prototypes) and stay out of the PC business unless they are prepared to fund a real quality program.
Options

10 Posts

11-15-2008

USA

17 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 24 of 40

2008-12-04, 2:24 AM

I would give their tech support a 5 - even though I living with a horrible PC.

This is THE WORST PC I have ever purchased during last 18 years. That says a lot. (I have 3000 J series 115).

I will never ever purchase another Lenovo. During holiday weekend I purchase a Laptop - made sure I avoided Lenovo like a plague in all retail stores AND online.

Reasons are -

- I can't change boot sequence after F12. (this must a criminal offense in my opinion)

- I had to pay $50+ to acquire Windows XP CD which I have already paid for license.

- My PC is so temparamental - it has gotten corrupted 6 times during last 10 months.Each time I have to reload XP plus ALL the software and settings.

WHY SHOULD I EVER BUY FROM LENOVO? THEY DON"T MAKE THEM USER FRIENDLY or RELIABLE.

Options

14 Posts

12-02-2008

Canada

23 Signins

585 Page Views

• Views: 585
  • Message 25 of 40

2008-12-05, 19:40 PM

>> This is THE WORST PC I have ever purchased during last 18 years. That says a lot. (I have 3000 J series 115).

I have to agree. I made the mistake of buying one too. I knew it was a very low end machine so I did not have high expectations, but the bad BIOS and the crappy dvd drive that only burns CD's pissed me off a bit.

>> - I can't change boot sequence after F12. (this must a criminal offense in my opinion)

It works for me. In the BIOS change the "legacy mode". If not that, I'm pretty sure there's a BIOS setting that's your problem. Also update the BIOS <- ths is very critical!

>> - My PC is so temparamental - it has gotten corrupted 6 times during last 10 months.Each time I have to reload XP plus ALL the software and settings.

If you have up to 2 GB RAM or more, than you MUST upgrade the BIOS. There is a fix for this specific problem. The machine I have was corrupting the file system until I upgraded the BIOS, now it seems fine (jury is still out though). What burns me is that the BIOS will not show the full 4 GB RAM I have installed, instead it shows only 3008 MB on boot display and 3006 MB in the BIOS summary. No matter, it all seems OK in Linux (64-bit) which adddresses the full 4 GB.

After the BIOS upgrade I have experienced no more disk corruptions and lock ups, but I got a few pageing errors right aferwards, but now I'm no longer sure if those errors were related to faulty hardware/BIOS since it has not reoccured in a long time.

Anyway, I recommend you to stay away from this machine and spend a few more $ on something more capable.

----

Now, if I can go a little more on topic I can discuss the on-line support.

The forum is excellent. Thank you!

However ....

I've used the on-line support which seems OK but it could be a whole lot better. I was able to find the bios upgrade I required and installed it with no issues other than the BIOS not reporting the installed RAM correctly. As I said above, the documentation that came with my machine is very poor (nonexistent really) and I'd like to see much more technical detail such as BIOS settings explained, and jumper setting options for the hardware, etc. I had difficulty even finding out for certain what's the maximum installable RAM, and I'm still not certain what CPU's I may upgrade to, etc. IMO this level of documentation is unacceptable.Just identifying what machine I had was difficult.

Finally, there should have been a clear on-line warning mentioning that the BIOS was fatally faulty and needed upgrading. I was fortunate to have noticed there was a BIOS update that fixed a memory problem, and techno skilled enough to understand that my disk corruption issue was a memory/BIOS issue rather than a disk issue. Most people (including Lenovo tech support) will pass right by this one.

Sorry, but this may be my first and last Lenovo purchase and I won't bother spending more money on upgrading the machine - I'll be buying a different one with easy to find hardware level documentation instead.

Options

25 Posts

08-22-2008

Golden, Colorado

63 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 26 of 40

2008-12-07, 14:15 PM
For some reason I don't have a model # on my K210 that online support will recognize to find out what upgrade to my CPU.I give them a 1
Options

5 Posts

12-12-2008

KCMO-USA

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 27 of 40

2008-12-12, 3:53 AM
I had the 4GB issue also and tech supporrt sent me on a wild goose chase for XP memory limits instead of BIOS issues.  And because it's out of warranty I had to pry out the information I got.  I can understand phone support for in warranty machines, but they could offer email ASAP support for they other users.  Dell is looking better and better!
Options

10 Posts

11-15-2008

USA

17 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 28 of 40

2008-12-14, 6:18 AM

Alanb,

Thanks for your tips and comments.

I have updated BIOS and everything else available new on Lenovo driver site.

I have come to same conclusion as you have - no point in draining more effort/money into this Lenovo piece of junk.

I purchased a new HP laptop couple of weeks ago. I just downgraded Lenovo junk to 3rd PC even though it is much faster than my Dell PC from year 2000. Atleast my old Dell PC is reliable.

Options

4 Posts

12-09-2008

Singapore

20 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 29 of 40

2008-12-14, 13:13 PM

ehh.. i need some help with my harddisk.
my computer is IdeaCentre K Series

http://www-07.ibm.com/lenovoinfo/sg/desktops/ideacentre/k-series/

my harddisk C: is full.

May i know how do i transter date from C: to D:?

Ur reply asap is greatly.

Thanks

Options

5 Posts

12-23-2008

Raleigh, NC

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 30 of 40

2008-12-23, 14:48 PM
I just called them to ask about getting my system to stop booting from a USB drive.  They told me to try Geek Squad because Lenovo doesn't fix SW issues.  I said that it's not software, it's bios.  He refused to help.  I hung up pissed off (I don't think he heard my f-bomb).
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)