Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPedraza
What's DOS?
Views: 1,756
Message 1 of 4

Booting from USB on Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300 that is currently being a little painful. This device came with Windows 10 and I need to load Ubuntu. Using Rufus to make a bootable USB like I do on regular PCs is not working, the booting manager is not seeing the USB device. Additionally, the BIOS does not have a boot option to select USB as the first option to boot. I was able to flash the BIOS through USB and at that time the boot manager was able to see my USB so I know it is possible but it is only a matter of how the bootable USB and the Ubuntu image are in the USB. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,724
Message 2 of 4

Re: Booting from USB on Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300

Hi SPedraza! 

Welcome to the community forums.

Check this forum thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/ideacentre-Stick-300-Linux-USB-boot/m-p/2221987#M7383

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SPedraza
What's DOS?
Views: 1,714
Message 3 of 4

Hi matt_lenovo,

Thank you for your reply. I successfully made a bootable USB of 14.04 32-bits of Ubuntu. The EFI folder and files are not included so like the post you linked me mentioned, I created the directory EFI/BOOT and pasted the bootia32.efi file in there. The boot manager was able to see my flashdrive however it went straight into the grub console and was not able to boot the Ubuntu installer. Do you have any other suggestions or ways to create this flashdrive?

Thanks,

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,711
Message 4 of 4

Hey there, SPedraza! 

Another help here. We found a similar case from this thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Unable-to-boot-linux-from-USB-drive/m-p/1069767?Source... and you may check out the provided solution. Here is another article https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/downloads/bootableusb?CID=ww:lenovosoci... from Lenovo that you can check out on how to create a USB flash drive. Hit us back with the result. 

Regards! 

Moderator comment: Links expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors