Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Connecting to the internet is slow.

I have DSL connection and 5 computer on my network.  My Lenovo Desktop 3000 J Series connection is so slow when connecting to the internet.  Does anyone else have this same problem with their Desktop?  Here are the specs on this computer.  I can connect to the internet but is slower than the other computer that I have connected.  Any suggestions?

Product: 3000 J110 Operating system: Windows XP

Original description: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820, 1GB, 250GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, no diskette drive, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x4), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, Multi-Burner Plus 16x, Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet, Windows XP Professional

Topics: 107
Kudos: 163
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 123
0 Kudos

Re: Connecting to the internet is slow.

hello are you sharing a single dsl connection over five desktops ??try this method once may be it will help

Click Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo