Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
floyd_crosby
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 3

IdeaCenter 300s-11Ibr shows no signs of life other than repeated beeping

I bought this for my father 18 months ago and he only used it to play flight sim. He passed about a year ago and the PC was working fine, but was powered down since then. I tried turning it on this morning and nothing happened. No lights, no display, but when I opened it up (to try removing CMOS battery) I heard a quiet but continous beeping. It was on a surge protector and never had problems with power surges at his house. Removing CMOS battery and holding power button didn't work.

Thanks,

Floyd C.

Highlighted
EyeDeeNo
802.11n
Views: 192
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaCenter 300s-11Ibr shows no signs of life other than repeated beeping

Hello and welcome new Lenovo forum user, 

I would try again unplugging the PSU from the wall, remover CMOS battery and hold the start button for a few seconds  to discharge electric than leave it alone for five minutes but this time take out all the system memory to try one stick at a time with everything other than power cord unplugged even keyboard and mouse and then put the battery in plug power cord in with just one stick of ram at a time to see the system will post.
Also take out the GPU if there is one and use the integrated graphics motherboard's video out.

And sorry to hear about your father.

floyd_crosby
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaCenter 300s-11Ibr shows no signs of life other than repeated beeping

Soooo, I brought it home so I could look up fixes on my PC, but after nothing worked I set it aside hoping someone would respond to my post with a fix. I left the side panel off, expecting to get back to it later. About 45 minutes later the case was lit up with bright, blinking lights that varied in intensity. I thought the **bleep** thing was going explode, but somehow it had decided to turn itself on. Fully functional now. WEIRD!

Thanks for your reply & help EyeDeeNo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals