Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pantelisk
Paper Tape
Views: 5,842
Message 1 of 8

Ideacentre 300 Windows 10 not booting

Hi,

After several attempts I managed to got Windows 10 to install. It was stucking at 84%. The successful attempt I choose to Keep Nothing (from the files and apps) on the beggining of the installation within Windows 8.1. The problem now with Windows 10 on the very first boot I got the "Just a moment..." and it is stucked there.

How can I rollback to windows 8.1 or revover Windows 10. 

Thanks

genevangampelae
What's DOS?
Views: 5,817
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideacentre 300 Windows 10 not booting

Same issue here.

Updated the WIN8.1 to WIN10. The stick freezed at 86%, recover worked but after a few minutes the system freezed again and again. Seem like some driver problem.

How can I go back to WIN8.1?

pantelisk
Paper Tape
Views: 5,813
Message 3 of 8

Firstly i am sorry about me english.

You have two options.

1. is return it and have a refund/replacement 

the other option you will need time 

Windows 10 for the moment will not work. 

To bypass and have the installation of windows 10 complete you should have selected to not keep in files and applications during the upgrade. I tried about 3-4 times to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 after figuring out this.

Although the installation of win10 completed it got stuck on the welcome screen. No recovery options nothing.

Therefore you have to boot from usb. You will need a usb hub. I downloaded win10 home iso from ms. I burn to usb and boot. I tried to reset/fix the installation again without any luck. I try to reinstall win10 again it was really slow. 

The only workaround which seems to work is the following

Download Windows 8.1 with bing ISO (It is only available through torrent)

It is important to use this version as Windows key is written on UEFI/BIOS.

The problem now is the drivers as nothing is detected through installation

You have to manually download them.

Lenovo has no archive of drivers for Ideacentre stick.

I use Intel's compute stick website for the drivers. Hopefully those drivers seems to work.

This thread seem to have a complete list of drivers.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/73767?tstart=0

For the moment I will stick with Win 8.1 . If I have time in the future I will try installing Win10. I will post here the results.

I hope the above writing will help other users. 

genevangampelae
What's DOS?
Views: 5,787
Message 4 of 8

I just contacted Lenovo support and I can send it back and they will reinstall WIN8.1 for free.

They support WIN8.1 and not WIN10 (that should be on the website!). I must admit they have great support
vladimir84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,745
Message 5 of 8

The same thing happened to me too. I got a refund. 

How did you make it recognize the USB drive?? I tried through microsdcard slot, by switching the USB drive on the hub and it didn't want to recognize it in the setup screen (boot from file only had system)  

pantelisk
Paper Tape
Views: 5,738
Message 6 of 8

It is supposed to support Win10. On the amazon (where I purchased it) it was advertised as Win10 device. Anyway,
Vladimir84 regarding installation of win8.1 you should format the USB fat32. I used isotousb.com tool.
vladimir84
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,731
Message 7 of 8

thank you, it worked Smiley Happy

sky's the limit now Smiley Happy

Fegyosz
What's DOS?
Views: 4,966
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

As written on other forums you have to disable disk caching to successfully ugrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

But on first start of windows 10 you will stuck at "Just a moment" because the disk  caching is reenabled.

At the first configuration screen in windows 10 press Shift + F10 to open command prompt, enter compmgmt.msc. This will open computer management where you can go to devices and disk. Open properties on Kingston disk and on the policy tab disable the write caching. Click ok and close. Enter shutdown -r in command prompt, so windows will restart the configuration wizard and it will not stuck at "Just a moment".

fegyosz

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals