Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Habibs
Paper Tape
Views: 7,883
Message 1 of 28

Ideacentre Stick 300-01IBY not booting after Bios Update

I just updated to the latest bios Update. Immediatly after the update the stick doesn't boot. The light flashes for around 15 secs then switches off - it seems to be in an infinite loop.

I tried unpluging the USB Hub and the Memory card - nothing works...

Any suggestions / workarounds?

Thanks in advance for your contributions?

AndyCalling
Token Ring
Views: 7,727
Message 2 of 28

Re: Ideacentre Stick 300-01IBY not booting after Bios Update

Unfortunately there is a known problem with the Windows flash utility that results is many 'bricked' devices (broken). You do need the firmware update though, or W10 update to the latest version will fail and lock up your device. The only approach is to use the UEFI USB stick flash method (the other firmware download option), but that's too late for you now. You need to return your stick for a replacement. Annoying, I know. Happened to me too.

SteveJC1
Paper Tape
Views: 7,721
Message 3 of 28

I've got this problem too. I've returned the Stick to Lenovo and have reached the stage of getting the bizarre "Your product has been disposed of correctly" message from Medion Germany.
I hope Lenovo replace the item soon.
SteveJC1
Paper Tape
Views: 7,529
Message 4 of 28

I did eventually get my Stick replaced by Lenovo - but the whole process took a month from start to finish.

ludawg
Paper Tape
Views: 6,576
Message 5 of 28

How did you contact Lenovo to get it replaced? I am trying to reach them but becuase my item is out of warranty, I can't get through to them at all not even to scheule a call back appointment. I called the number I see online but it just loops on a message to schedule a call back. This really sucks becuase it is their fault on the whole BIOS issue, as I downloaded thinking it would not have any issues at all.

SteveJC1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,564
Message 6 of 28

After registering the product I contacted Lenovo support in the UK by email and eventually Medion sent me instructions and a voucher to return the Stick to them in Germany for repair. However, it was under warrantee and in the UK. I don't know how it would work for you.

ludawg
Paper Tape
Views: 6,532
Message 7 of 28

I tried to do that but it just tells me it out of warranty here in the USA. Smiley Sad Now I am geting upset becuase it seems that I can't contact them at all not even an email address to send out to contact them. Even if it is out of warranty I would like to know how much it'll cost, I get special extra warranty service through my credit card that will pay for it.

Had I not seen that the BIOS update was available and downloaded it from their own website I would have never thought of updating it. As the machine was working fine up to the point of updating the BIOS. Smiley Mad

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 6,510
Message 8 of 28

I think the sad fact is that bricked out-of-warranty Lenovo Sticks are worthless.  Note that when I sent my bricked Stick to them under warranty, they didn't "repair" it;  they sent me a new Stick.  Your only recourse is legal, I'm afraid.  Unless you find a pro-bono lawyer, it's not worth the effort.

I don't know why Lenovo has only a three-month warranty on the Stick.  Considering the ease at which the device is bricked in the application of a normal BIOS update, I think their policy is going to really hurt their reputation.

ludawg
Paper Tape
Views: 6,230
Message 9 of 28

I've spoken with Lenovo support service and they have bad customer support. The only thing they have been able to do is provide 10% off their product since it is outside of the 90 day warranty that comes with the Ideacentrestick 300. That is very pitiful considering it was THEIR BIOS update that ruined my machine. I went to a Microsoft Store to see what they can do. It will cost $50 to send it with them to see if they can somehow recover it as they did read the issues here on the support site and might have a way to recover it. I hope this works as my credit card will cover it, since they provide extended warranty service beyond manufacturer service warranty.

As of right now though I am truly upset with Lenovo and will make sure they do not forget it. Trust me  I will let everyone know to not buy their products, I have already sent some tweets out @Lenovo, tagging Microsoft as well. Also have done various products reviews where I have given the item ONE star becuase of the BIOS update issue and the lack of support at all from Lenovo. Not only have they before sent out PCs with malware but now they have software such as the BIOS update that will ruing your PC. Smiley Mad

oldman80
Punch Card
Views: 6,203
Message 10 of 28

My stick quit working all on its own. Bought the stick from microsoft store last November, and it came with a one year warranty from Lenovo. In fact their site some where braggs that "all Lenovo products come with a one year warranty." After searching Lenovo's site, (no small deal), I found a telephone number (1-877-453-6686) which is their warranty checkup site. I explained to them that my stick came with a one year warranty printed, in the box, and the site says that my stick was out of warranty. They(warranty site) at first said that that stick had only a three month warranty, but I informed them that It came with a document  stating that all Lenovo products had a one year manufacture's warranty and I wanted my stick to be fixed. I had to send them an email copy of the warranty and the purchase document , which I did. They in turn changed my warranty on Lenovo's site to one year. (november 2015-November 2016. They gave me a service request number which I entered into the Lenovo site request for service. (here to fore, the site would only send me an error) I then received a document stating that I had to send the device back with me paying for shipping (6 bucks) and they would send me a repair  or new device, shipping would be their cost. As some other poster said, " one month it took" and it has only been one week for me and I hope to see another device soon as I have had no reply from them, and according to their site the request is in progress and they have closed out the repair ticket. I do not think it was worth the "jumping through hoops" endeavor, just for a $100 dollar device. In the mean time, I purchased another stick from Amazon, An Intel stick of the same type, except it has a USB 3 port as well as a USB 2 port.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals