Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsashame
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,460
Message 1 of 18

Ideacentre Stick 300-01IBY not booting after Bios Update

My 300-01IBY won't boot anymore after bios update today. Unsually I don't update the bios unless there is an issue. In this case, I have to update because I ran into issue updating WIndows 10. According to the support web page for 300-01IBY, I have to apply the bios update to resolve the issue. I downloaded o27kt10aus.exe and followed the instructions verbatimly. The stick now no longer boot and it is a $160 brick. It goes into an endless loop of LED flashing with no signal to the display. I called technical support and I was told that my warranty has expired and nothing can be done. I thought I can trust the drivers/updates provided on Lenovo's offical website but now I have to think twice for Lenovo's quality. It is too late for me to find out that other users in this forum reported bios update issue. I wish Lenovo will take on the responsibility to issue a recall with this particular issue.

I used to be a very happy Lenovo customer until today.

itsashame
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,319
Message 2 of 18

Re: Ideacentre Stick 300-01IBY not booting after Bios Update

It is an quick update. There is a customer care manager assigned to my case. Unfortunately, Lenovo has no courage to take on the responsible to look into the issue. It was the firmware update that broke a good functioning device. I  am now questioning how Lenovo's development/engineering team tested the firmware. If you are looking for quality assurance, I am sorry that you won't find it with Lenovo. I am prepare to fight this all the way. I might be wasting my time but it is a matter of principle. Stay tune!

itsashame
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,314
Message 3 of 18

The NA case manager told me that it is the final decisio. Lenovo will not fix the problem. I just wonder how many of us encountered the same problem. There are 93 views to this post but all silent. 

Moderator edit: Please stay within the Community Rules.

MFAHRENREICH
What's DOS?
Views: 2,281
Message 4 of 18

Not silent, just absolutly annoyed. and as you mentioned LENOVO is not taking the responsibility, only the money wre have spent on buying this bricks.

@itsashame wrote:

The NA case manager told me that it is the final decisio. Lenovo will not fix the problem. I just wonder how many of us encountered the same problem. There are 93 views to this post but all silent. 

Moderator edit: Please stay within the Com

@itsashame wrote:

Moderator edit: Please stay within the Community Rules.

munity Rules

stanchev93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,222
Message 5 of 18

I have the same problem and Have a solution for a this problem? I understand, that Lenovo have awful support.Why Lenovo upload programs, whо bricked the devices WHY??? This isn't normal, I'm sorry, but how i can fix this problem?

Please delete this useless program for your servers.

MFAHRENREICH
What's DOS?
Views: 2,189
Message 6 of 18

Moderator,

How about posting the answer to these queries about Lenovo failing to solve the issues of turning our devices to door stop bricks. Vendetta is the basis of your request to your:

Moderator edit: Please stay within the Community Rules.?

Please do something about it, that it is not only a couple of customers, there are hundreds of users with the same problem.

hksusa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,175
Message 7 of 18

I was searching and i found this thread. I too, bricked, my stick after updating the bios.

I hope there is a way to recover from this.  The stick was a great setup in a small package.

Doggin67
Paper Tape
Views: 2,119
Message 8 of 18

I wish you luck. This is a Lenovo created issue and they refuse to address it. That's unbelieveable!
Doggin67
Paper Tape
Views: 2,119
Message 9 of 18

And one more unhappy reader with the same Lenovo Brick is added today.
macmike78
Paper Tape
Views: 1,970
Message 10 of 18

Same thing here! Extremely frustrated!! Really Lenovo??? I've been buying/using your ThinkPads forever and I love them. Felt really comfortable buying one of your sticks only to have booted it up a few times. I'm so dissapointed. Smiley Sad

Please pull through for us!

Sincerely,

A big Lenovo supporter.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals