Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhosChek
What's DOS?
Views: 2,453
Message 1 of 3

Ideacentre Stick 300 Shuts Off

Hello,

I picked up a Ideacentre 300 Stick from Frys this afternoon. This unit is preloaded with Windows 10. Upon boot up, windows will load, but as soon as I begin to sign in, the stick dies. (Not a normal shut down just dead) At this time I cannot get past the login screen with out it flat out dying. I have to hold the power button down to get it to come back. I have it plugged in directly to the wall outlet using the included adapter cable and brick.

Any Ideas??

jinx100
802.11n
Views: 2,433
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideacentre Stick 300 Shuts Off

Best to take it back to Fry's and exchange it for a good one.

jonsatcadence
What's DOS?
Views: 2,406
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideacentre Stick 300 Shuts Off

I hit this also, in my case the USB wire for connecting power was too short so I used a different USB wire to the provided power plug.  Everytime it would come upwith failed to start with options to restart or advance options.  Restart would just turn the device off, Advance Options gave more choices but none worked or I did not dare to them, like reimage the device from the CD? yikes, but the ones that I felt were safe all failed and ended up rebooting but the reboot just did the shutdown and no restart!

My last attempt before sending back was to get an extention cord and use the provided USB cable for the powere adaptor, and amazing it worked.   The longer cord was brand new but maybe for power apps there is a slightly different variation?

Anyway not to decide how to solve the slow wifi with bluetooth interferece (glad I did not get the bluetooth keyboard after hearing this one).

Jon

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals