Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Big_Dazz
What's DOS?
Views: 496
Message 1 of 3

Ideacentric 300

Hello,

I’ve encountered the weirdest thing today... The WiFi on the 300 just disappeared! The only thing I can access is Airplane Mode and Bluetooth Netwrok Connection which is not connected and won’t allow me to do so (unless I’m just doing something wrong)

When I double click on the Bluetooth Network it opened up another window (Bluetooth Personal Area Network Devices) but nothing is there.

Can anyone please help me with a solution or at least point me in the right direction. thanks in advance.

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 384
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaCenter 300

You could get an inexpensive USB-to-Ethernet adapter, which would give you an Internet connection & also allow you to update the WiFi driver.

Guru
Views: 328
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideacentric 300

Hi Big_Dazz, welcome to the forum.

It will be interesting to know which IdeaCentre it is, like 300S-11ISH or 300-20IBR or maybe some other.

What I would check in your case is if the Wifi adapter is being recognize by Windows. The easy way to find that is to check the Windows "Device Manager" and check under "network adapter" to see if you there is a wifi network adapter recognized or not. It may be with a yellow icon is the driver is missing. The adapter can be Intel, Qualcomm, Realtek brand.

Knowing the exact model number of the IdeaCentre 300 can point us to the Lenovo support site of that model to see if reinstalling the driver will help us solve that problem.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals