Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kafka
Punch Card
Views: 1,927
Message 1 of 4

Installing Vista Service Pack 1

I have been trying unsuccessfully to install Vista Service Pack 1 for months. Windows Update constantly informs me that I have an important update ready for installation but when I attempt to install it, it reaches 12% or so then tells me it is reverting. I actually downloaded SP1 in May but I assume there isn't a revised version available.

When I explained my problem on the free (!!) Microsoft Vista Service Pack 1 help desk they suggested that it might be a problem peculiar to Lenovo computers, but I haven't seen my problem reflected anywhere else.

Incidentally, I have tried the installation with my firewall and anti-virus both disabled and completely uninstalled.

JCP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,884
Message 2 of 4

Re: Installing Vista Service Pack 1

You could try:

kafka
Punch Card
Views: 1,872
Message 3 of 4

Thanks JCP,

I tried downloading the whole SP1 back in May but it still failed to install. I have just tried the other solution you posted but I don't seem to have Onekey Recovery software (pressing F2 did nothing). I also searched for safnt.sys on my hard drive but didn't find it.

tomwilly
Serial Port
Views: 1,836
Message 4 of 4

YOU MAY KNOW THIS ALREADY. I GOT A POP UP THTA A SYSTEM DRIVER WAS BLOCKED FROM RUNNING DUE TO COMPATABILE ITY PROBLEMS. I FOLLOWED THE LINKS TO A SITE FROM "SAMING" OFFERING A DOWNLOAD TO FIX THE PROBLEM BUT WAS AFFFRAID TO TRY IT. I THEN WENT ONLINE WITH WINDOWS AND SEARCHED sAMING IN THE HELP PAGE AND GOT THE FOLLOWING GENERAL INFO.

USERS WITH ONE KLEY RECOVERY 5.0 AND EARLERIER NEED TO DO A DOWN LOAD TO FIX A BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM WHEN RESTARTING AFTER LOADING SERVICE PACK 2 IN XP OR SERVICE PACK 1 IN VISTA CHECK IT OUT http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DDB2D8CF-6D37-45A3-B0B6-28B0EA95319B&displa...

TOM
3000 K-100 3gigram, 500gigHD,
type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors