cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomtips
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,690
Message 11 of 70

Re: Is it possible to recovery BIOS on Idea Stick 300?

Alex351 i have the same problem. Did you ever get your bios recovered? What is the procedure? THanks!
bennyh
Paper Tape
Views: 11,650
Message 12 of 70

I see most of you have or are upgrading from 8 to 10. Mine came with 10 and I have tried everything possible and cant even get into the Bios. I have tried the UEIF restart through the setting screen and the hold shift and restart option. The steps work as exspected but as the device restarts it never wakes back up or opens in either the bios or windows. I have to power of power on for it to start back up. Have they disabled entering the bios ??

jh34
Punch Card
Views: 11,623
Message 13 of 70

Mine was WIN10 out of the box, and I have the latest BIOS installed, and I can get in. 

bennyh
Paper Tape
Views: 11,609
Message 14 of 70

Where did you find the latest Bios at ? I dont see anything under the drivers and software download for Bios

jh34
Punch Card
Views: 11,595
Message 15 of 70

By default the support page is showing OS of WIN 10 64bit for me, and yes no BIOS is listed. When I change the dropdown to WIN 10 32 bit the new BIOS appears in the list. 

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 11,588
Message 16 of 70

I've been able to get into the BIOS.  However, today I downloaded  o27kt10aus.exe, placed it on a memory stick, and attempted to flash the BIOS  During the process, it reported two write errors and then said it was finished.

Appropriately so, since now the device does not boot or go into the BIOS.  When connected to power and a (powered) USB hub with a keyboard and mouse attached, it turns the stick's  blue light on for eight seconds, then off for five seconds, and repeats this pattern forever.

Obviously it's trying to do something in those eight seconds.  However, nothing is ever displayed on the HDMI output.  The mouse connected to the USB hub lights up in parallel with the blue light on the stick, but nothing I do with the keyboard or mouse causes any change.  Holding the power button in for a few seconds does cause it to power down.

Effectively BRICKED!

jh34
Punch Card
Views: 11,579
Message 17 of 70

I downloaded the BIOS exe right into the downloads folder of the Stick 300 and executed it from there. No problem. 

The only thing I have in the USB port is the RF receiver for the RF keyboard. No hub. 

Seems some are bricking it when running it from a USB flash drive. I know the instructions say to do that, but I ignored that and I had no problem. 

tomtips
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,566
Message 18 of 70

I bricked two sticks. Returned both and now I will not try bios upgrade.

First bricking resulted from following the directions on Lenovo Support.

Second bricking resulted from following jh34 directions.

So beware, neither worked for me. So I am leaving it with the bios as it came.

I am only running one security program on the stick which is its only intended purpose.

Good luck! I didnt have any.
AndyCalling
Token Ring
Views: 11,551
Message 19 of 70

Yep, I've just bricked mine by trying to update the firmware. Darn it! Any ideas? Now the blue light just flashes on and off and I can't get a picture on to the screen. I have gone here:

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/300-Series/300-01iby/downloads/DS1...

And that tells me that it might fail to boot to windows and details the method to recover, but I can't even get the screen to show the bios settings?

How is this supposed to work? Any comment from Lenovo on how to sort it out? Or are all our sticks now junk? I have opened a support ticket and will report on the response here.

AndyCalling
Token Ring
Views: 11,548
Message 20 of 70

@DeanGibson wrote:

I've been able to get into the BIOS.  However, today I downloaded  o27kt10aus.exe, placed it on a memory stick, and attempted to flash the BIOS  During the process, it reported two write errors and then said it was finished.

Appropriately so, since now the device does not boot or go into the BIOS.  When connected to power and a (powered) USB hub with a keyboard and mouse attached, it turns the stick's  blue light on for eight seconds, then off for five seconds, and repeats this pattern forever.

Obviously it's trying to do something in those eight seconds.  However, nothing is ever displayed on the HDMI output.  The mouse connected to the USB hub lights up in parallel with the blue light on the stick, but nothing I do with the keyboard or mouse causes any change.  Holding the power button in for a few seconds does cause it to power down.

Effectively BRICKED!

Exactly my experience. Have you had any luck resolving it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals