cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marinlee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,103
Message 51 of 68

Re: Is it possible to recovery BIOS on Idea Stick 300?

I just updated to the latest bios Update. Immediatly after the update the stick doesn't boot. The light flashes for around 10 secs then switches off - it seems to be in an infinite loop.

I tried unpluging the USB Hub and the Memory card - nothing works...

Any suggestions / workarounds?

Thanks in advance for your contributions?

SteveJC1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,090
Message 52 of 68

It happened to me and others on this forum. The only solution seems to be to return it to Lenovo / Medion for repair or replacement. In my case this took about a month during which time it was hard to get any information from them on progress. I hope you have better luck.

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 1,970
Message 53 of 68

I've had enough problems booting Windows 10 after applying the Anniversary update.  I've never had any problem with reinstalling Windows 10 (v1507 or v1511) or doing other maintenance.  It seems that the problem only starts after I apply Intel drivers for the internal chipset.  So, I figured I had little to lose if the Stick bricked (as happened to my previous Stick) when updating the BIOS to v10.  First, I placed the Stick in the freezer for five minutes (no longer, you don't want condensation when you take it out), and that allowed me to boot Windows.  I then immediately (before the Stick got warm again) ran Lenovo's BIOS v10 upgrade directly from Windows.  That also worked, as have a couple subsequent reboots of Windows 10, after the Stick got warm.

I will see if the BIOS update helped the Windows booting problem, and/or if the freezer technique is a reliable bandaid.  I will report back.

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 1,944
Message 54 of 68

@DeanGibson wrote:

I will see if the BIOS update helped the Windows booting problem, and/or if the freezer technique is a reliable bandaid.  I will report back.

Nope, but reformatting and installing Window 10, but NOT updating to the Anniversary upgrade, helped a LOT.  I now think it's the Intel chipset drivers, which otherwise appear to work OK, except for the full boot process (so, far any reboots after a "shutdown" do not fail).  It would be helpful if Lenovo had downloadable drivers, or even a factory recovery image.

UPDATE:  I had obtained the chipset drivers by having Device Manager "Update Driver Software", and it turns out that's not a good idea;  it's not the correct set of chipset drivers, and it created the above Windows booting problems for me.  Better to get the SOC_BYT_Win10_32.zip file for the Intel Compute Stick from the Intel site.  That seems to have eliminated my "boot loop" problems.  Sorry I don't have the link.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,920
Message 55 of 68

Here is the link to the download that DeanGibson mentioned......

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25311/System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-for-Intel-Comput...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

ludawg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,835
Message 56 of 68

I had recently managed to update the stick to the windows 10 aniverssary update after being able to  have 16gb of hrad drive space available and then I started to re download all of the lenovo applications which I unfortunately downloaded the update BIOS application. After downloading the BIOS application and running it, the BIOS update messed up the stick. I get only the blue light flashing and nothing else on the screen. So it seems as though I bricked my device. Other than sending it to Lenovo to see if they can fix it or replaced, I am way over the 90 day warranty period. IS there a way to get the iso for the BIOS on a USB drive and see if that will get the stick up and running again? I have tried pressing all the F keys on my keyboard since I know the USB does work but I get nothing.

ludawg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,808
Message 57 of 68

@DeanGibson wrote:

@DeanGibson wrote:

Nope, but reformatting and installing Window 10, but NOT updating to the Anniversary upgrade, helped a LOT.  I now think it's the Intel chipset drivers, which otherwise appear to work OK, except for the full boot process (so, far any reboots after a "shutdown" do not fail).  It would be helpful if Lenovo had downloadable drivers, or even a factory recovery image.

UPDATE:  I had obtained the chipset drivers by having Device Manager "Update Driver Software", and it turns out that's not a good idea;  it's not the correct set of chipset drivers, and it created the above Windows booting problems for me.  Better to get the SOC_BYT_Win10_32.zip file for the Intel Compute Stick from the Intel site.  That seems to have eliminated my "boot loop" problems.  Sorry I don't have the link.

Does this work if the device is bricked? The machine doesn't turn on at all I just get blinking lights. if I add this to a USB drive and insert it, will it read it and boot up?

bilaliz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,795
Message 58 of 68

please try and let all of us know.

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 1,787
Message 59 of 68

@ludawg wrote:

Does this work if the device is bricked? The machine doesn't turn on at all I just get blinking lights. if I add this to a USB drive and insert it, will it read it and boot up?

NO. You can only apply that file in Windows, and it only affects Windows operations. Note that even Lenovo did not repair and send back my original Stick; they sent me a new one under warranty.

ilievdimitar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,736
Message 60 of 68

no have boot windows 7 in stick install windows 8.1

include usb instalatin windows 7 no indication pls help my

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals