Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 5 (1,199 Views)

J115 won't save changes to CMOS

[ Edited ]

I have a Lenovo 3000 J115 7387-A11 that was up/down-graded to XP Pro. When it boots, It tries to boot from Broadcom PXE, errors, then posts through Phoenix Bios, errors that CMOS has changed, then boots to XP normally. If I got to CMOS SETUP, it will allow me to make SOME, but not ALL changes to CMOS< but then only option is "Exit without saving changes". All other options on last page are grayed out. I have tried the F1 key while starting, with no change. I saw something about hitting the power button 5 times, but was not clear as to when and why to do it. Any suggestions?

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 5 (1,165 Views)

Re: J115 won't save changes to CMOS

For no apparent reason, the system now boots very cleanly with no errors, but it STILL refuses to allow changes to BIOS settings. Is this normal for Lenovo? Is there a necessary setup utility or bios unlock program available? The system came with Vista, but was changed to XP Pro.
Former Employee
Message 3 of 5 (1,155 Views)

hey OldGizmo,

im a bit curious, is the system and the windows clock out sync?

as in today when you switched the computer on (from a cold start and just hit the switch on the wall), the clock at windows says [current time] but you get an error saying windows time and system clock is not sync ?

I would suggest trying a BIOS Update with :

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67233

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
Message 4 of 5 (1,153 Views)

No clock sync errors. Clock shows correct time. Have updated the Bios already with that update. Problem still exists.Thanks for the reply, though.
Former Employee
Message 5 of 5 (1,149 Views)

hmm, if that's the case..

i recommend calling up Tech Support via the number listed in the link below

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/us/en/

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Top kudoed Posts