Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Braddburm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 3000 J Series won't boot

I have a Lenovo 3000 J desktop that wont boot. As a point of reference, I try to hit the F1 key as the manual suggest and the F12 key as many have suggested and get nothing but clicking. I am not able to see anything on the monitor although I do know that it is working as I can see the no signal message.The light on the DVD/CD drive does flash but seem to get hung there.

I recognize this is an older unit and If ican get it booted up will save all files to a remote drive and replace.

Any ideas or help is appreciated

BB

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,284
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo 3000 J Series won't boot

hi Braddburm,

Welcome to the Forums.

It looks like the onboard VGA port gave out. Try to:

1. Use a discrete graphics card to output your video (i.e. pci or low profile pci-e graphics card)

2. If option 1 is not possible and you're considering a replacement machine, you will need a 3.5 HDD sata enclosure to convert the internal HDD to an external HDD to read the data on the new replacement machine.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals