Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,005
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Beacon file transfer too slow

dear all, i'm a newby here and i need your help. I own a Beacon with 2x1TB HDD in RAID 0 mode, so when i move datas to Beacon the max. file trasfer speed is up to 5 mb/s. In my opinion this is tooooo slow. Can anyone help me, or say about your file tranfer speed to Beacon. My configuration: Lenovo Beacon +  Netgear 5-port Gigabit Switch (GS305) + Win7 PC. Everything is LAN wired. I already tryed another PC (Notebook) but with the same result. Thank you!

Former Administrator
Views: 1,933
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Beacon file transfer too slow

nutzer,

We can look into this further, but can you share any additional details about your configuration?

Is there a firmware version on beacon you can note?

What other data rates do you get accross your network - say running networkspeed test from a PC accross your netgear switch and across the internet?

Thanks

nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,919
Message 3 of 12

Hello Mark, the firmware version is 1.7.1013.0. I did the update at first configuration a week ago. LAN speed test utility doesn't work on me with Lenovo it shows the Beacon IP in the list but when i run the utility it says "please make sure the LST Server is running"

I don't know how else could i measure the LAN speed.

I have only 32 Mbit internet connection and a have the whole bandwidth, but it is still only 4 Mb/sec.

Thank you!

nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,910
Message 4 of 12

Hello again,

@Mark: I just measured a LAN data rates between 2 PC over switch -> 775 Mbit read and 756 Mbit write speed. So it is definitely lays on Beacon.

nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,854
Message 5 of 12

Nobody has any idea? Smiley Sad

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,827
Message 6 of 12

Nutzer, thanks for using Beacon. A few questions fo us to proceed your concerns. Did you use Beacon client or Samba to transfer file. I presume you tranfer file by Lan right? Beacon use client by http should have speed 30MB/S ideally, and Samba with 60MB/S. Upon our lab test, with not so many WIFI signal interferce, the result could approach rough at least 10MB/S by Beacon client. Would you please have test upon Client or Samba one more time?

nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,815
Message 7 of 12

Hello Ivan, thank you for reply. I tryed the Beacon client first -> i got only 1 Mb/s , than i turned the IPv6 protocol in the configuration of Beacon on (it was off on default) -> max. speed 3 Mb/s.

than i tryed the FileZilla-3.10.3 client -> max. speed 5 Mb/s. Is there any clients like Filezilla but using Samba protocol for Win7 ? Thank you for your help!

nutzer
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,646
Message 8 of 12

No ideas more ?

mrobo11
Token Ring
Views: 1,539
Message 9 of 12

could you make some disk speeds test with HDD tune or Crystal disk benchmark on that drives and post or tell the speeds of that disks, only to be sure that htere is no problem in your pc or hdd

OS6.build_195_v1.1.9.2.ROW after ud Lenovo Beacon Version 1.7.1013.0, OS6.build_195_v1.1.10.2.ROW, latest OS6.build_195_v1.1.12.2.ROW
Lenovo IdeaPad s12Ion, Levovo G580, Lenovo B5400.....
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,518
Message 10 of 12

Beacon use HTTP protocal, and we use Filezilla as benchmark comparison (Note, Filezilla use FTP protocal.)

Test config: Router, Netgear WGR614 V9 with Lan speed 100Mbps, Thinkpad Notebook (win7) wire connected to router, Beacon wire connected to router .

Test Result:  Single file speed 5MBPS, and three files 10MBPS by Beacon; single file 11.6MBPS, multiple files 11MBPS

Client.png

FileZilla_Speed.png

FileZilla.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors