Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovohelpme
Paper Tape
Views: 6,180
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Recovery Partition

Hi,

I have a lenovo 3000 J Series and it is preloaded with windows xp home in the recovery partition.

I am wondering if there is anyway to upgrade the recovery partition to vista so I can rebuild straight from the partition or do I have to install from the Vista cd everytime. And if so is there anyway to get all the factory stuff on my clean install of vista like win dvd, rescue and recovery, PC doctor etc.??

Cheers

Sebastian 

Lenovo Employee shumpert
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,108
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Recovery Partition

If your system came with a Vista COA on the side of it then yes.  You can call the helpcenter and order a Vista recovery cd set for a fee.  But if your system did not come with Vista (the certificate of authernticy sticker on the side should say Vista) then you don't have a license for Vista and will need to purchase an upgrade CD from any local computer store.

To get your Thinkvantage applications and other preloaded apps installed you can install the Thinkvantage System Update application on your system.  It will scan your system and download all of the applications for your system.

Message Edited by shumpert on 07-23-2008 09:35 PM
kamweng
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,799
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Recovery Partition

You should do a clean install or if you prefer upgrade to Vista then when everything is fine do a backup with OneKey.
3000H Series (DOP 04/2007) - Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz - 2GB 667MHz DDR2 - 460W Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus - ATI Sapphire X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 - Windows XP SP3 - Altec Lansing VS2421

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale