Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sauk1
Paper Tape
Views: 489
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo S510: CPU fan spinning when computer is off

I recently upgraded to the latest BIOS on my desktop S510. The reason was I purchased a MSI Geforce GTX1060 graphics card and a new PSU (Corsair 650). After installing everything the system works fine, except for one strange thing:

The on/off button never goes off when I turn the computer off through software (Windows turn off) and there is a fan still running, forever it seems. The computer can be cool but the fan just runs. I checked by opening the chassi and it is the CPU fan.

GPU works fine and all drivers are installed. I have updated Win and BIOS through Lenovo.

The store says they tested my PSU, when I returned it yesterday, and it works fine in another system.

My solution today is to turn off the power first through software and afterwards using the switch on the back of the PSU.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 452
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo S510: CPU fan spinning when computer is off

In the other IdeaCentre, 'Lenovo Desktop Towers', forum, I have seen posts where owners with upgraded power supplies using 24 to 10-pin adapters have reported the similar behavior.  I don't recall seeing a solution (but also wasn't searching for one.)  GL. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 425
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo S510: CPU fan spinning when computer is off

This is the tread:  IdeaCentre 700: 10-Pin-Atx-Connector

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals