Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narna4ever
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,332
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo S510 - usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi

This have worked fine before on Lenovo X2xx series. They usually come preinstalled with Win 10, but I need to have Win 7 on them.

Before installing Windows from USB, I go into bios - change Secure Boot to disable.

Then go to Startup: Set CSM to enable, Boot Mode to Auto, Boot Priority to Leagacy First .

Save and hit F12, choose my USB stick with Windows 7 install files - and install Windows.

But with this Lenovo S510, my keyboard and mouse dont work. I have tryed it on both USB 2 and 3 output, change my keyboard and mous a few times - but with no luck.

How in the name of ... can I get my keyboard and mous to work. 

It all stops with the first Windows 7 logo (where you choose your language etc)

Smiley Happy 

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.

ajlara09
What's DOS?
Views: 9,014
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo S510 - usb keyboard and mouse not working

I'm having the same issue with no resolution in site

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 8,693
Message 3 of 4

Hi narna4ever, 

Were did you get the Win7 instillation image you are using? Are using an OEM version for this model or are you using a retail version of Win7. If you are using a retail version win7 you may need to integrate the chipset drivers so you can install win7. Have you already checked with warranty support if you can get a copy of windows 7 for your computer. That may be a quicker option since you don't have to install all of the drivers manually. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
AamirKodavi
What's DOS?
Views: 8,389
Message 4 of 4

The Microsoft Windows ISO doesn't have the native USB 3.0 drivers either, and that is why your USB KB and mouse go dead.

1st Create Bootable USB then  you have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows ISO.   

Intel came through on this one.  They have a utility that does all the work for you.  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Wi​ndows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Run this and point to your USB Installation media and hopefully, W7 will install.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors