Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 1,426
Message 1 of 2

Stick 300: WIndows 10 questions

More properly, these are questions about the pre-installed WIndows 10, but I thought I'd ask here, to see if there is any common experience or solution:

1. The Action Center does not show a WiFi tile, like my Surface 3 (similar hardware configuration) does.  Does anyone see the WiFi (or Airplane) tiles in the Action Center?
  2. When I signed into OneDrive, I was (and still am) able to see and modify files there.  However, I changed the name of my Stick from "DESKTOP-********" to something more useful, but the list of computers on the OneDrive web interface still showed the "DESKTOP-********"  name.  So, according to instructions I've seen elsewhere, I clicked on "Remove PC" on the web interface, and then disabled and reenabled the OneDrive "Fetch" setting to supposedly allow the computer to "re-register" with OneDrive.  I can still access and change files on OneDrive, but I can't get the web interface to list the computer name (old or new), which is a prerequisite for using the "Fetch" feature.  Has anyone using OneDrive seen this behavior and/or know of a fix?
DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 1,286
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stick 300: WIndows 10 questions

The problem with a computer rename in OneDrive and the web "Remove PC" option is a known bug since November 2015.  There is a registry workaround on the MS site:  http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/3046b7cb-b098-4849-9c55-f0cc97ae0a08

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals